Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just joined forum after speaking to fellow tornado owner in Inverness on Saturday.
Owned my Tornado since beginning of June bought new on a whim with the help of Mitchells in Inverness just could not resist the good looks I only went in to get my Ducati serviced. only managed to do about 1500 miles to date but enjoyed every one of them.

To date I have only had one problem, the gear lever fell off going past Durness fortunatly managed to do a patch up to get home.
Reckon I must be the most northerly owner as I live 1 mile from John O Groats.

I have been reading the post's over the last few days to see whats going on and impressed so far lots of activity and information hope I dont need any of it but nice to know.:bow:

By the way just read post about tyre pressure and wanted to double check what the rear is supposed to be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:doh: Find it much more satisfying to own Italian bikes also have an Aprilia futura and Ducati 996 strangly non of them ever broken down despite reputations Aprilia just clocked 40K miles on return from tour of France & spain last Month hopefully i will stay lucky.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Ian and a big welcome from me as well. :clap:

I'm surprised you didn't see (hear) us all when about 20 of us had a little trip up to John o' Groats in May.... where were you hiding?

Oh and have a wee look at the following posts for some views on tyre pressures.

Linky 1
Linky 2
Linky 3

............... it's not too late to get yersel booked onto the next 'Highland Gathering', and if you are looking for something a little bit sooner there is Fraser's 'Boogie in the Borders' coming up real soon. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Laurence
I could swear i did hear you guys running up the hill through Gills bay I am well position to see and hear all from my house very distintive noise It must have been weekend before I placed my order its probably your fault.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ian.

Even the chance to meet is small. At least we have something in common: The passion for italian bikes. Beside the benelli, I have a Ducati Supersport and a Moto Guzzi LeMans 1. The strange thing is: All my bikes are totally reliable (knock on wood).

Enjoy riding your bike and stay safe.

Regards
Dirk

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Welcome Ian and hope we all didnt rattle your windows too much when we came up to John o Groats !!. congratulations on purchasing your Nelli and hope the gear lever thing gets sorted (thats a definite off the wall way of shredding weight most start with carbon but removing parts :bow: ).

Hope to see yourself in 2010 at the second Scottish Trip :)

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
A BIG WELCOME IAN :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
1,231 Posts
Addiction

Hi...I am Johnyrottin and I am an addict. I have been clean for 3 months now...only because I am deployed to the desert!!! I am such an addict that when I get my daily ten minutes of Internet time the first thing I do is jump on the forum...then I email my wife!!!! Yes, I am sad...and I am out of biccys.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
welcome bud:clap:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Laurence
I could swear i did hear you guys running up the hill through Gills bay I am well position to see and hear all from my house very distinctive noise It must have been weekend before I placed my order its probably your fault.
Yes! Yes it is.... :rolling:

Welcome mate.. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome Ian, despite what most people will be happy to tell you about Italian bikes being unreliable
IT'S ALL UNTRUE - Especially for Benelli's :clap:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Uh oh.

Hi.

Benelli and a forum Virgin, me!:bow:
Selling my Vrod tomorrow for a Standard Tornado 900. The test ride blew my mind...so I asked for the keys and did it again!
But like a fool, I can't choose a colour!!!
Any sugestions would help? It's driving me and the dealer mad!:doh:

Cheers, Shanethepain.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
shane
I must admit the first time I saw a benneli tornado was at a demo lap on the isle of man when they first went into production many years ago and it was green and silver for me its the classic colour that stuck in my mind easy choice although i am sure others may disagree.

Cheers

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hey Ian

Welcome to the forum. Take a looky out the window at some point tomorrow and you might just see my red RS passing on it's way to Orkney, I'll wave. Given the current weather and the soaking I've just had riding from Lochmaben to Edinburgh, I'll be the one wearing the aqualung and a wet suit.

Catch you soon
Fraser

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bike colour

Shane

Its got to be classic green and silver.

Do like the Red/Yellow/Black colours though.:clap:

But remember which colour did they make 1st ????:bow:

Stop messing about and get it ordered!!!! LOL :rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Greetings earthlin ..... I mean Ian;) Welcome to THE BEST forum you're ever likely to come across. As with all new members, we only ask that you post naked pictures of sexy relatives (or ex girlfriends) and that you send each of us on here a tenner for sweeties .... failing that, pictures of your lovely new machine will suffice:rolling:

Al:bow:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Ian

Welcome to the forum. Take a looky out the window at some point tomorrow and you might just see my red RS passing on it's way to Orkney, I'll wave. Given the current weather and the soaking I've just had riding from Lochmaben to Edinburgh, I'll be the one wearing the aqualung and a wet suit.

Catch you soon
Fraser
turns out I am gong to Orkney on Sunday got some friends up from London for the bank holiday so doing the touristy thing for them, I will keep my eyes open.

Cheers Ian

1 - 20 of 20 Posts