Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Gongratulations for your forum.Im also a proud owner of a benelli tre1130k.
I would like to start with a thread on a very importand matter:ENGINE OIL

COPY FROM OWNERS MANUAL

Engine lubrication oil *

15W/50 (Synthetic) JASO - MA CC MC G4

For the availability of the suggested product, Benelli Q.J. suggests to directly apply to the Authorized

Dealers or Workshops. If the above described lubricant is not available, Benelli Q.J. suggests to use a fully

synthetic engine oil having characteristics equal or better than the ones prescribed in the following

standards:

•API SJ

•ACEA A3

• JASO - MA CC MC G4
I Have been checking of brands with above standarts and i did not find anything with all above yet.Pls note that "jaso" standart is very importand for gearobox .Additives in oil with jaso stan.guarantees the safe fuction of gearbox avoiding operational problems like faulse neutral or mecahnical problems(try not to think about them).

Any recomendations?

regards
george

·
1,841 Posts
I use Mobil 1 racing 4t 15/50 it is api sj, and jaso ma (cant find anything with the cc mc g4 listed) It does not state acea a3 on a spare can in my garage, but I thought it did have it on previous cans ? I have looked on mobil web site etc but it does not seem to state the acea a3 spec..
The MA on the jaso apparently means no friction modifiers (checked on web)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Colintornado im using the same oil as well.I couldnt get information for the jaso st.for mobil 1 but finnaly it was confirmed.I had problems in the past with other bikes using wrong type oil and i just want to avoid them on such expensive toy like the trek.

thanks
george

1 - 3 of 3 Posts