Benelli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - just thought I'd introduce myself !

I'm Terry from Dunfermline, Scotland, and currently a 2002 Triumph Daytona CE rider (upgraded with a GSXR 1000 K4 front end).

Just won an accident damaged 891 mile / 2005 Tornado RS from a salvage website (HBC), off to collect it on Monday...

Looks like it needs :

Both Mirrors,
Left Top Fairing,
Top Fairing subframe ?,
inner top fairing plastics ?
Screen,
Left Footrest assy (hanger, footrest, gear change assy).

Any advice regarding where to source parts (new or used) would be appreciated.

Hoping the RS will be just as much fun (hopefully more fun) as the Daytona,
and hoping it'll be reliable ?

Perhaps someone on the site actually knows the history of this bike (SN05CHG) ?

and... do these bikes come fitted with an Alarm/Immobiliser ? are the pre-wired for a particular Alarm/Immobiliser (like the Triumph)..

Thanks

T

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Hi Terry and welcome to the Forum.....I'ts nice to see another Benelli owner north of the border even if it's a bashed up one!!! :)

There was a post not that long ago regarding alarms.

See:- http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506&highlight=gemel

One of the guys on the Forum (IRfuel, Joris in Belgium) was selling a complete set of plastic but I'm not sure if it's still available.

Have a look here :- http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1643 otherwise, keep an eye on ebay I guess!:clap:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Hi Terry and welcome to the Forum.....I'ts nice to see another Benelli owner north of the border even if it's a bashed up one!!! :)
Welcome to the forum laddie;) I, unlike Laurence am not prepared to lie when he says it's nice to see another Nelli owner north of the border. My exclusivity has just dropped by around 20%:bawl: If this keeps up the share of the laydeez who clamber over each other to get at me and my bike will wittle down to old hairy lipped wino's and lassies called Helga:rolling:

Al (Not as exclusive as I thought I was);)

Pssst .... look at the linky

http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706

Double pssst .... Nice to see another Nelli north of the border mate;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

got the bike,

have send a message to ir_fuel (hopefully he can help),

looks like I need to following :

Full body kit (ir_fuel ?)

Front fairing subframe,
RH Riders footrest,
Gear change lever,
Front Brake Lever

anybody got any spares kicking around - or able to recommend a source ?

Probably have some slightly damaged, red, RS bodywork for sale if anyone is interested -- almost all panels are cracked / scratched -- but all the bits are there -- and they should all be repairable if anyone has the desire...

Loads more questions to come ! but these are my immediate needs !

·
Registered
2,211 Posts

·
5,889 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
From the photos it only looks like they need drilling and painting. All the mating tangs look to be there.

However why stick with Fibre Glass. If this company have gone to the trouble of making the moulds it should be easy to get them to make up a carbon set (language barrier permitting).

Wet lay, with clear gelcoat, lays up like Fibre Glass and doesnt cost a lot more. Although not as lite as Pre-Preg it looks the same.

Aarron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts