Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what a great site. I stumbled upon it by accident. I was following a link to a Quat D exhaust and found this site.

I have a 2007 TNT 1130. Located in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I'm the only TNT owner within this area so it's great to find a site that supports our bike.

I saw the TNT at a bike show in January and had to have it. The worst part was looking at it sitting in my garage for 4 months while winter finished up.

I have about 1400 km only on the bike and I love it. I experienced the false dead battery situation only once. Which just happened to be the second time I went for a ride. Since then it has been fine.

I do have a very minor oil seapage issue coming from the oil temp or oil pressure sending unit. The unit on the bottom right side of the engine. At the first service the dealer put some silicone around the threads and it was reduced even further. In a one hour ride there might be only a drop or two on the toe of my boot.

So far all I have done to it is to put the tail tidy on and some additional heat sheilding for under the seat.

I noticed that your local ebay has a tonne more stuff for our bikes than the North American site. I will be checking it often.

I would like to get the solo seat cowl that is available for the cafe racer model. Then a carbon fibre fender, hugger, etc.. You know it never ends.

Well anyway thanks for a great site.

I look forword to reading this site on a daily basis.

For those curious the TNT sport in Canada is $25,000 or 17,300 EUR

regards
Gary

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Hi Gary and welcome to the Forum.

Glad to hear that the problems you have experienced so far are small ones............................ long may that be the case.:)

Who did you buy the bike through in North America? Was it CRONO MOTORS in Vancouver?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I bought from EuroMoto in Laval Quebec. So far mine is the only one he has sold. There is a local dealer that has one bike but I wouldn't trust him to change the oil. In fact when I inquired he didn't even have an oil filter to sell me.

I kind of like the exclusivity of the bike but I do want the brand to be successful. It's the Benelli marketing department that is lacking here.
They need to promote themselves better.

This site is NOT going to be good for my carbon fibre addiction. lol

Great info here though

Gary

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gary

If you find this place half as much use as I have - then it will have been worth your while

I thought when I bought my tornado that there werent many around - but you have the only TNT in Ontario area of Canada :bow:

How many times have people asked you what it is ?? :D

Cheers

Kurt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello there..... We have 3 in the GTA area also TNT cafe racers. So far so good. Hope you enjoy your bike as much as I have.

The only negative is trying to answer everyones questions when you stop at Timmies for a coffee.

Best of luck

Michael
Toronto Pimp

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. the bike sure gets lots of looks.
It's too bad we don't seem to have many vendors in North America.
But thanks to this site I have found lots more.

I love the sound this bike makes when you really get on it. Best sounding stock exhaust ever.

I have my own promotional advertising company and most of the local bike dealers are my customers so I am lucky enough to test ride just about every new bike that hits the market and nothing come close to the TNT.

Hey Pimp does your TO distributor carry any accessories?

later

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good to have another North American on board :clap: The attention does not die down over time. My dealer has only sold two bikes so far since March so I think they will remain exclusive in this neck of the woods as well. A TNT sport is on my wish list and my dealer said her could get the Cafe carbon bits and seat cowl but would need to have the cowl painted to match.

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Welcome!
Good to have another member from this side of the pond. You're right it's hard to find accessories for the Benelli on this side. I have been 'arm twisting' the guys at motovationusa.com to start stocking more. So far they have some exhausts, carbon and are getting more stuff soon.

Enjoy your visits. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The dealer I bought from is Kahuna cycle. They do not carry any accessories yet.

I put on a Mivv exhaust and the bike sounds unbelievable now ....... Fire me off an email here and we should try to get together for a photo with 4 of the northern owners. We could meet up somewhere in the middle, lots of nice twisty roads.

[email protected]

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Welcome aboard Gary:bow: You'll love this place I promise you. Once you start .... you just can't stop;)

Al:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hiya all / Salve tutti,

I think I'm going to hijack this old thread for my de-lurking process and first post around here. Suppose this thread is as good as any, since the title is a fitting one.

So I'm another n00b here, and nope, I don't even own a Benelli, yet. I'm still in the not-yet-but-I-just-might phase, seriously considering a Benelli as my next mount. I've been thinking about possibly getting a new bike within the next six or nine months. I've had Aprilias and a Ducati earlier, and I'm also interested in some other classic Italian brands like Moto-Guzzi and Laverda, but my experience with Benelli bikes is limited to a couple of test rides with the new models. Hence my being here, and looking for bits of information and rider experiences.

So please do carry on writing about your bikes and your thoughts about them. No doubt I'll be asking more newbie questions every now and then.

So, even though I've got rather limited riding experience with the brand, I already know a thing or two about it. I used to be fascinated by the Tornado Tre 900cc beauty in green and silver back in 2005, and I still am, in the new 1130cc form, even though the prize tag is a bit frustrating. Recently I've been getting increasingly interested in the naked model, as well as the TreK, which actually seems to make a lot of sense, in its own genre, started by Ducati Multistrada.
Both refreshingly quirky and agile bikes in their own genres, which is just fine with quirky ol' me. :)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Welcome on board quirky:bow:

You've certainly come to the right place if you're looking for an honest review on the Benelli brand;) Feel free to ask as many questions as you like as we're all good guys here and we don't bite. There are some very technical minded folk on here that can answer almost anything to do with Benelli bikes and then there are folk like me that just drivvle a lot of shite:rolling:

Welcome again buddy:D

Al (Can't stop talking shite):)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks BB Al, I'll do just that. :)

I already made one question in the TnT section, but there'll be more.
Very nice pictures in the gallery, btw. I've already spent a while watching all those bike pics and stuff.
BTW, coming from the twin engine camp, I think the worst thing about Benellis is the fact that there are three cylinders in the engines... :D
J/K. In fact, as being engines with one extra cylinder, they seem to sound and perform pretty fine indeed. Better than the modern Hinckley equivalents.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh and another thing, I did a quick look around the latest posts but didn't seem to find a poll of any sort showing the amounts and percentage of different Benelli models owned by the forum members.

I thought it would be interesting to see which models you lot are riding, and which models are the most popular. Judging by the activity of the TreK room, for example, one could assume that there are very few or no TreK riders around, at least not yet.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Welcome aboard Quirky - look like you have already learnt one lesson from BBA.... the ability to waffle and post 3 posts where one would do!

If BBA did the same, he'd only be on 350 posts!:rolling:

Andy

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Hi Quirky and welcome to the Forum mate.....

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
...Oh and don't let TornadoTRE put you off posting loads of threads......

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
.....you'll soon find that it's not just BBA that will try new ways to get his post count up.......:rolling:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts