Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Toronto Canada.

My friend and I just ordered 2 TNT cafe racers. We will take delivery next week.

I plan on keeping the bike in stock form at least untill the waranty is up.

This is a brand new model here in Canada but I see that the TNT has been available in Europe for a few years. I am just looking for feedback on your experiences with this bike .... both good or bad ....

thanks in advance.....

Michael

·
3,085 Posts
here ya go

do a search of youtube and have a look at a video of Arnauds CR

Looking forward to seeing more of you on the forum

Aussie RS

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The Tnts have just started showing up here as well in Texas.

Please post pics when you get them!

Roland

·
Registered
48 Posts
experience in TNT café racer

Hello and welcome,
i've received my café racer in the end of june 2006. I've done 3000 km with only one problem, the sprocket of the alternator (remplace and covered by the guarantee). I know an other one (also a café racer) which have 11000 km (with also one problem, the loss of the right mirror !!!). Following the after sales manager in Belgium, the engine self assembled by Benelli (for 2006 models) are totally reliable if we compare with the ones assembled by morini.
Now, we can consider that the tnt is very reliable bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I couldn't resist

Hey everyone onboard, I am the third of 3 close friends who have newly joined the Benelli world. I am based out of Cambridge Ontario Canada and ride with Toronto Pimp and The Burn Out King. I have blown it all on a 2007 1130 Cafe, I've rode for years now and have always been attracted to the stuff just a little bit different. Currently I ride a RC51 and perhaps I may retire my Honda after I ride my new Baby. Sounds kind of cheesy but it was love at first sight with my new Cafe. I can't wait to bring it home! Happy New Year Everyone! London.

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Wow..tres amigos! Three musketeers! Welcome all. We're looking forward to hear your exploits once the weather warms up!

Pictures!! :clap:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Un-crated

Today we went to the dealership for an uncrating of 2 of the bikes. They should be ready for pick-up by friday or so .....

I am in the red shirt and Burnout King is in the white shirt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cafe # 3 has arrived!

:clap: Well, Cafe# 3 has landed and I will pick it up tomorrow, can't wait. I will also post a pic as soon as I figure out how to do it, I'm not much of a computer dude. London.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Looking good lads .... looking good:clap:

If the grins on your faces are anything to go by you'll have a blast. Keep those beasties shiny side up and seeing as I've been away for a wee bit ..... welcome to the forums lads. This place seems as though it's really starting to pick up now.

Al;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the greeting Al. It's home. Just got my cafe 1130 into the garage at home and we are just getting dumped on with snow, glad we didn't have to tow the trailer in this stuff! On pre delivery inspection we noticed a scratch on the solo seat cowl and they assure me it will be replaced under warranty as shipping damage a.s.a.p. Everything else seems great, are you familiar with the drive chain on these bikes being kept a little tighter than most? The dealer mechanic said it was necessary due to design and I will notice quicker sprocket wear because of it. Any advice? Thanks in advance, London.

·
1,841 Posts
chain tension

Hello Evil ,I would suggest you get the workshop manual on cd as BenGreen has done, see manual on ebay thread. posted today. In tnt section.
I dont have a tnt I have an rs tre, so I am not aware of chain problems on the tnt, but i believe on some tre the chain can rub on the swinging arm.
I would suggest that the chain should be kept as per the manual. if allowed too loose it may wear frame or swinging arm, but it does not sound good to be too tight, as this could also damage the bearings.. probably just needs regular check and adjust if required. dont over tighten!
Nice to have some more new benelli riders on here, when the weather is good get some pics of all 3 of your bikes together !:) :ele:

·
463 Posts
Never heard that from any UK dealer, the way to measure it is different to most chains, you have to measure from the lower chain guide (as described in the manual), should be 15 mm, had my sprockets on for 5500mls, fast road , couple of track days and still look good as new.:)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Never heard that from any UK dealer, the way to measure it is different to most chains, you have to measure from the lower chain guide (as described in the manual), should be 15 mm, had my sprockets on for 5500mls, fast road , couple of track days and still look good as new.:)
Yep, my bike has done over the 5,000 now, adjusted the chain twice and both the chain and sprocket are showingno signs of deterioration!

Andy

·
Registered
18 Posts
That was fast.

That was fast, thanks guys; I am very familiar with traditional chain methods, I found it odd and hence the question. I recieved my dvd with owners manual and it has all that info, just found it odd and thought I'd ask, How do you guys find the factory reccommended suspension settings? I'm not a big guy, just 5'6'' and a whopping 150lbs, I realize this is a very individual thing. I am just looking for general info as I've rode only hondas, track and street for years. Do you guys have any input on reliability over the long term? Thanks guys. Evil.:clap: What do you think of my new furniture? Yes, it is my livingroom and no, I'm not married! 3 months of bad weather to go! Take care guys: Evil.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Evil, done well over 10,000 miles on my TNT It will be 2 years old in march 07, toured Europe and best part of the UK, apart from the hot start problem (fixed on latest models) best bike I’ve ever owned (so good that I’ve now got a brand new TNT sport sitting in my garage ready for the 07 season) :) :) :) :)
I changed my sprockets and chain at about 7500miles went 3 bigger on the back and changed to alloy. The old chain was a little worn, back sprocket ok, front sprocket noticeably hooked. But the difference it has made going up 3 on the back!!! Once it’s run in do yourself a favour and open up the air box as it is way too small, fit a power commander and a derestricted slip-on…hey presto up to another 10 hp and lots more torque for about £650 splendid English pounds. As for suspension I always completely soften a new bikes settings until its run in, then re-adjust to suit my weight/style (or lack of it)
Ride safely and enjoy one of the best bikes on the planet. :clap:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey vtxbrit,

Would you mind expanding a bit on the hot start problem so I know what to watch out for? Any other little or big problems? I read somewhere about some poor wiring in earlier models? Thanks, London.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts