Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I am not a Benelli owner but will certainly be interested in a Tre K when they are released here in Australia I think sometime in August. Currently I ride a V Rod but if all looks as good as what I've been reading about the Trek I'll be unloading the V to get one no worries. Would you guys say reliability is good with these 07 model bikes? The nearest dealer is 160klms away but they sound like they like the Benellis. Having spoke to their tech last week he informed me they have sorted the mapping problems and have some new programming gear from the factory (Aud$9k worth) with some maps better suited to Oz.
I realize Im talking to the converted and would like to hear reports and experience from new Trek owners.
Regards to all
ps I recon Borat could fit a couple of chickens in a Trek top box when on tour!

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Hi **** I pick my Tre k up this week and will be posting comments soon after as the first ride will be to Oulton Park to watch BSB racing with Kurtp.

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou Steve
It's always a good day when you pick up a new bike and I'll look forward to your report.
Regards ****

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm another new member who's interested in the TreK. I took a '07 model for a short spin the other day and liked it quite a bit, even though I had my reservations for that kind of tall, multipurpose bike. So I am also looking forward to learning about owner experiences.

The kind of bike TreK is seems to make quite a lot of sense, and it was surprisingly fun to ride on the twisties, too. Within a week or so I also test rode the other two rivals, namely Ducati Multistrada and the new Triumph Tiger, and the TreK was clearly the best, at least for me.

·
903 Posts
Tre-K

I have a friend who had a Triumph Tiger and got knocked off a few months ago, I'm please to say he was ok but the Tiger was written off. He road tested the new Tiger and hated it, as he thought it was not as good as his old one.

He road tested the Tre-k from Red Dog Motorcycles in Edenbridge and loved it so much he bought their demo bike there an then as he wanted a Black and Silver one and the demo one was the only one they had!

I have ridden one and I must say I was very impressed, bags of tourque, nice high comfortable seating position, adjustable screen height and of course the noise that only a Benelli triple can make! I would think the bike would be great for commuting as well as a weekend bike. Oh yes and I would have the Green and Silver one!

Has anyone else bought one? If so tell us your impressions!

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Tre-k Report

Well Guys
Had the tre-k for a while now but not got the mileage for 1st service yet but I've given it a good trashing. Guess what NO PROBLEMS!!!!:) not even a clock reset pretty impressive for a nelli!!:ele:
Mate of mine rode it and was blown away with the grunt even at a reduced rev range 7500. Must admit its not got the wow factor of the tornado but its got an exclusivity value, I havn't seen another one around even at bike meetings. The growl of the beast above 5k is fantastic, handing is very deciving and have not found it's limits yet. To add to this is ok two's up my mrs is 6ft tall and is resonably comfy on this bike, unlike the tornado.:rolling:

Any how those who are going on the ride out Saturday will see it in the flesh weather permitting.

Lets hope the weather improves soon and we all get some riding in.

PS it looks better in black & siver with red frame.

Pops (steve):rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Pops (Steve)
Do I take it that there are actually 2 Tre K's now in the UK then ??
(Lloyds mate)
I havent seen anyone else from the uk say they have one

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Selling Tre-k's

Russ
STOP SELLING THEM!!:rolling:
they will as common as dog sh1t if you carry on at this pace!!:ele:

POPS

·
903 Posts
Red Dog have sold three as well, all black & silver! I prefer the Green one myself so all those who are interested in getting one buy the black one as this will make mine rare!:rolling:

I am thinking of getting one, (or a Tornado, or a Cafe Racer, or a, bugger I haven't got enough money!):rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aussie Dealers

MickT,

I live in Melbourne and subject to receiving evidence that the newer Benellis are in fact reliable, I will make the Tre-K my next purchase. The reviews strongly suggest there is a clear gap between it and the rest in its class. I've been in contact with Stoney Creek in NSW and they expect the bike to be homologated and ready for distribution next month. I'm wondering what dealer you expect to do business with, ****, and how much confidence you have in them? Looks like I'm going to be restricted to A1 Motorcycles in Melbourne.

Cheers,

James

Hi All
I am not a Benelli owner but will certainly be interested in a Tre K when they are released here in Australia I think sometime in August. Currently I ride a V Rod but if all looks as good as what I've been reading about the Trek I'll be unloading the V to get one no worries. Would you guys say reliability is good with these 07 model bikes? The nearest dealer is 160klms away but they sound like they like the Benellis. Having spoke to their tech last week he informed me they have sorted the mapping problems and have some new programming gear from the factory (Aud$9k worth) with some maps better suited to Oz.
I realize Im talking to the converted and would like to hear reports and experience from new Trek owners.
Regards to all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hi James
My 1st post was 2 months ago and didn't get much response. Probably because the bike is new and not many miles being put on by the few owners that are out there.
I was going to deal with Presige Motorcycles Brisbane. They seem swiched on and sell MV and other stuff too. So back then they told me it would be released here in August . They recon new models have no problems after a remap. But they are selling them (Benellis) and they are not qued up out the door to buy them. They have a nice black TNT sport that is probably still on the floor. He reconed the Cafe Racer was popular though.
Most on the Forum are UK/Europe owners and I don't know how much milage they clock up annually but I do 30-40K klms and if I can find out that these bikes are up to that I might be in for a TreK. So I guess I'll sit on the fence for a while and ride the piss outa the v rod. One thing is that it is a very reliable bike and high milage is not an issue with it. please keep me posted if you get one though James. Magazine test write ups don't mean jack to me. They have a new bike for a few 100klms and give some basic assessment but I do average 700ks week in week out, and the v rod is cheap and easy to maintain. Ideally I think I need 2 bikes.
Regards ****

·
Registered
9 Posts
new TREK

hi guys

just picked my tre k up from realworld motorcycles in south wales i must say an exceptional, fun all round motorcycle very very impressed with the power delivery and sports bike handling with the practicality of a sports tourer now that ive attached my givi wing rack. well recomeneded. hopr to do many many fun miles.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
please show us some pics with wing rack and top box fitted because as yet i am led to belive there is no rear wing rack from givi that works only side racks , i need to know cos im getting a trek very soon so all info appreciated
cheers

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hi All
Regards to all
i will have a trek very soon i also have a rod but like when i had the ulysees the rod never got used because of salty roads over here eats all the ali the trek looks to be just as practical as the ulysees with xtra charicter/looks/awsome sound etc p.s i will do approx 20,000 miles ayear on this to

·
Registered
9 Posts
givi wing rack

Hi ferret

Neither benelli or givi offer the top box option on their wing racks as far as i know.

However the side boxes themselves are exceptional and still looks quite sporty when thay are on. i currently have had no oportunity to take photos with them on as of yet but as soon as i get some pics I will put them on here for you to see.

Trust me if you eventually purchase a Tre K 1130 you not be dissapointed ive not yet had my 1st service as my millage is currenty 385 and i need around 600 for the 1st service according to the manual and my dealer.

But im another very happy benelli owner Ive had tornado 900 as well but this machins in my opinion dose it all.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts