Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Got my new pride and joy home two days ago, finally! It`s a 2007 1130 Cafè Racer.

Here in Norway it was only one out of three for sale in the whole country. I bought it from a Harley Davidson shop in town where it has been sitting for the past year, believe it or not! It only has about 11500km on it as well, so it`s like its brand new!

The sad thing about it is it looks as if it has not been given the TLC it deserves. The LH mirror is missing/broken off, the front fender has a crack in it on the RH side, the seat cowl has some minor damage in the paint and so does the cover on the left fan. The tank covers also have som minor scratches, but other than that it`s rock solid!

I must say, this is the most bad ass bike I have ridden so far and it is an hell of an upgrade from my 97 gsx-r 750 SRAD! ;)

So far I have ordered some new parts for her such as new rear tail lights with intigrated blinkers, a new tale tidy bracket for my licence plate and some new handles for the clutch and the front brake (including the brake reservoir) in matcing-ish colours of the bike ofc!

I have also sendt an email to a company called SHS Performance in town about getting a remap of the ecu to get a bit more power (not like it needs it tough) and a little less nudging in slow traffic.

Otherwise the bike is completly stock for now, so if anyone has some ideas/links/pics for inspiration for me regarding upgrades and accessories, I`d appreciate it alot! :D

A couple of photos:

11219639_10205160426504639_7596301532045628778_n.jpg IMAG0292_1.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi and welcome

Thats a damm good looking bike you got here. It will sure turn heads around norway :)

Have you done your home work regarding the small probs with the bike that needs to be sorted ?

Like z25 and clutch basket upgrade ?

Regarding the map update you can buy a kit from maniacmotors.de they send you the cabel to be used from a laptop

to the ecu and a cd containing the free program to update your maps. He can then remote control your laptop to update the ecu

to get it running smooth :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome

Hi and welcome to the Forum - there are several fellow CR owners on here of only six of the bikes in the UK - isn't it a fantastic thing to ride enjoy it and stay safe - regards - Dale

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and welcome

Thats a damm good looking bike you got here. It will sure turn heads around norway :)

Have you done your home work regarding the small probs with the bike that needs to be sorted ?

Like z25 and clutch basket upgrade ?

Regarding the map update you can buy a kit from maniacmotors.de they send you the cabel to be used from a laptop

to the ecu and a cd containing the free program to update your maps. He can then remote control your laptop to update the ecu

Tanks! :D

I have not done any homework yet, no. I got the bike on friday, and yesterday (monday) i left wor work and will be away from home fro 12 days :s So I`ll have to tryr to sort, atleast some of it out when I get back home. What is z25 and what do u mean by clutch basket upgrade? I am all new to this bike you know :p

I will look up the link u provided for the ecu mapping!! Thanks for that m8! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and welcome to the Forum - there are several fellow CR owners on here of only six of the bikes in the UK - isn't it a fantastic thing to ride enjoy it and stay safe - regards - Dale
It sure is m8! Thanks alot, and I will! :)

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Welcome and nice looking bike, You'll love it the more you ride it. Shame I am looking for a pre 2000 750. I'd have loved the SRAD

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome and nice looking bike, You'll love it the more you ride it. Shame I am looking for a pre 2000 750. I'd have loved the SRAD
Thanks m8! :) I love it a little more allready! :D

The SRAD was great! I really wasn`t planning on selling it. But that was until a guy came with lots of money...

View attachment 10957

Found this online - they look great with gold wheels - in the UK its about £38 a wheel to have done ;)
Dayum! That looks great! I see he has done the covers by the fans as well! Hmmm...Better add it to my list! :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
The benelli bibel is here Engenia's Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre most of it transfers to the tnt also

Link to the z25 problem in the bibel Hot Start Problem

Link to the clutch basket problem in the bibel Clutch Gear Failure

Where to buy a new z25 gear and a 2008 clutch basket Maniac Motors - The Final Performance for ALL Bikes

How to install it http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/benelli-technical/8526-z25-gear-shaft-replacement.html

Airbox drain in the bibel Drain Hole Modification

You migth need a better battery with at lest 290cca to turn that baby over :)

Buy some bigger cables and make your own replacing the old ones is also a common mod on the beasts

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi and welcome

I just got my answer back from mainiacmotors. Here is what he wrote:

Hi Chris
well we can see some specific settings via Remote but we can not Tune your Bike throught Remaot, nobody can do this.
so if you got a malfunction i can help you with remote or to do some basic settings.
to do a tuning we need the bike here to sie how the mechanic works, to check and update the mechanical settings and than we can work on electronics.

So it looks like they can`t do anything but read error codes and some other basic stuff :confused:

·
The Pennine Explorer
593 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum,great bikes these Nellys

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just got my answer back from mainiacmotors. Here is what he wrote:

Hi Chris
well we can see some specific settings via Remote but we can not Tune your Bike throught Remaot, nobody can do this.
so if you got a malfunction i can help you with remote or to do some basic settings.
to do a tuning we need the bike here to sie how the mechanic works, to check and update the mechanical settings and than we can work on electronics.

So it looks like they can`t do anything but read error codes and some other basic stuff :confused:

Hmm damm sorry i must have misunderstood it then i did think he could fidle around with the fuel settings at varius rpms. to get it running better if you had a weak spot or something.

I was hoping he could have helped with setting it up a Little better ragarding the fuel use instead of the standard map :doh:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, it sounded a bit "too good to be true", and when it does, it usually is :rolleyes:

So, I`ll just have to wait and see if SHS Performance here in town can spare me an hour or two for this then. I know they are super busy atm, so we`ll see.

Meanwhile i will try to get the z25 and clutch basket upgrade sorted. I have mailed the guy at maniacmotors regarding prices and shipping to Norway :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Meanwhile i will try to get the [COLOR=#333333 said:
z25 and clutch basket upgrade sorted. I have mailed the guy at maniacmotors regarding prices and shipping to Norway [/COLOR]:)
remember to sit down before you read the mail :rolling:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
remember to sit down before you read the mail :rolling:
So, I got the answer back from Alex at Maniac Motors. I sat down, took a deep breath and opened the e-mail :bow:

Here is what he wrote:

Hello

sorry for the late reply hell of work here at the momnent.....

well hotstart issue can be caused by two points
Starter himself
Cable from Bat to starter

so easier is to change cable to better cable, we got a kit in stock cost 69 € the wohle kit

second is a extra strong starter cost is 279 €

both is in stock

ciao Alex
This answer had me a bit confused, so I wrote him back with a better explanation:

That`s ok! I know how it can be like! ;)

Regarding the hot start problem I have been told at the Benelli Forum that it is caused by the alternator drive shaft / Z25 gear. They say the Z25 gear is a little bit too big and therefore the clearances too small. The clutch intermediate gear drives the Z25 gear. When cold, there is clearance, or backlash. As the engine warms up, the clearance grows smaller.
If I continue to drive with this problem the say it could end up with the alternator drive shaft bending over time until it brakes..

Is this not the case maybe on the 2007 model? You sure the cables for the battery is all I need?

My bike has got about 13.000 km on it since new, so the bike is almost brand new despite the “age”.

I have not experienced any problems with the bike yet. This is just a precaution I take in hope to prevent any damage to the bike later on. They have also mentioned something about a clutch basket upgrade witch is also supposed to be a problem on these bikes..

I recon you are an experienced man regarding these bikes. If you have any suggestions as to what I should do, any input would be greatly appreciated! :)

Chris
And here is the final reply:

Hello Chris

no the Z25 is only a problem if it is not correct fixed, than it moves to the clutch basket and destroy it
but hot start issue is never caused bey Z25, at the old model from 2004/05 we got a lower Starterdriverange butr your bike is much newer

so if you got a hotstart issu you have to change first Cable if that doesent work change starter.

to avoid any demage big service should be done correct

ciao Alex
So, it seems that it is not nessesary for me to make these changes for now.

Otherwise I have another issue with the bike. I went out for a ride yesterday with my son to attend to the parade for all mc`s in town. It`s an event to celebrate the motorcycle that happens every year :)

At the end of the one hour drive i noticed an error message in the display blinking "bat" witch I guess tells me that the battery is running low. And then, just 100 meters before we arrived at the finishing point, the bike just died. No power, no go. So, after a few calls and a little help from a good friend I managed to borrow a charger and a power-outlet from a nearby cafè (Read: Cafè Racer :rolling:). I charged the battery for about 2,5 hrs hoping it would be enough to get me to my buddy`s garage. Surely enough I fired her up and got going. Just about a minute later she died again :bawl:

So after a good wait and MANY calls later trying to find transportation for my sick nellie, the cooles guy arrived! He had a small truck with a lift and everything. Took my bike, me and my son to the shop and did not charge a single penny!! :clap:
I parked my bike there, dropped the key and got my mate to drive us home. I obviously called the guy at the shop who sold me the bike (even though they where closed) to let him know. So, i dropped the key in the slot and we went home.

So, now i have no bike and the weather is great! Just my luck! :p

Anyways, anyone got any idea as to what caused the problem? Maybe a dodgy alternator or voltage regulator?

Tok my bicycle out today... :ele:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
So, I got the answer back from Alex at Maniac Motors. I sat down, took a deep breath and opened the e-mail :bow:

Here is what he wrote:

This answer had me a bit confused, so I wrote him back with a better explanation:

And here is the final reply:

So, it seems that it is not nessesary for me to make these changes for now.

Otherwise I have another issue with the bike. I went out for a ride yesterday with my son to attend to the parade for all mc`s in town. It`s an event to celebrate the motorcycle that happens every year :)

At the end of the one hour drive i noticed an error message in the display blinking "bat" witch I guess tells me that the battery is running low. And then, just 100 meters before we arrived at the finishing point, the bike just died. No power, no go. So, after a few calls and a little help from a good friend I managed to borrow a charger and a power-outlet from a nearby cafè (Read: Cafè Racer :rolling:). I charged the battery for about 2,5 hrs hoping it would be enough to get me to my buddy`s garage. Surely enough I fired her up and got going. Just about a minute later she died again :bawl:

So after a good wait and MANY calls later trying to find transportation for my sick nellie, the cooles guy arrived! He had a small truck with a lift and everything. Took my bike, me and my son to the shop and did not charge a single penny!! :clap:
I parked my bike there, dropped the key and got my mate to drive us home. I obviously called the guy at the shop who sold me the bike (even though they where closed) to let him know. So, i dropped the key in the slot and we went home.

So, now i have no bike and the weather is great! Just my luck! :p

Anyways, anyone got any idea as to what caused the problem? Maybe a dodgy alternator or voltage regulator?

Tok my bicycle out today... :ele:
Get the shop to check the alternator and that the Z25 bolt hasn`t come loose ( been there :doh: ) . This could be the start to major problems as you have been informed from the forum.
Order the z25 kit from maniac and get the shop to fix it .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts