Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Benelli Tornado Tre 1130 a month ago and rode it 3500 km in the first month without problems or almost no problems. After 250 km the bike stalled on a bumpy twisty road; went home and removed the tip-over switch, never stalled again since (hope this is solved). Resetting clocks: happened twice during the first 500 km, changed my starting habits; if it doesn’t start after two cranks, wait a few seconds and then hit the button again: starts immediately; never resetted again since.
The first thing I've done on the bike was replacing the mirrors with a bar end mirror; in the original mirrors I've seen only my elbows. The next things to will be: removing the direction indicators (they are not necessary in Switzerland). I've already ordered different rear sets from robby moto, the original ones are just too slippery.

Fuel consumption so far: between 7.4 and 11 liters; depending on the selected cruise control.
Oil consumption = none.

After all: it's pure fun to ride a Tornado

·
5,967 Posts
Welcome to our forum nemesis.

You've already solved the mirrors problem with bar-ends, but if you wanted to revert to the originals, you can bend the front subframe up a little. Have a look HERE

You might think about re-connecting the tip-over switch. The problem with it is it's mechanical, and subject to vibration. So at high revs, some will operate. The solution is to mount it in sponge rubber, and hold it in place with a zip tie. Have a look HERE
The problem with not having it connected, is if, God forbid, you drop it, and the throttle gets stuck wide open, bouncing off the rev limiter, the oil pump wont be picking up oil. Not a problem (for a while) at low revs, but way bad, if maxed out.

·
VIN#ten
136 Posts
Welcome Nemesis :hiya:,

there are not so many 1130 Tornado owners here (yet, ;)), but this is definitely the best site to join for getting good advice and senseless jokes:clap:

If you could please write up your suspension setting changes, if any, on the thread started a few of days ago. I guess Marco will publish his sooner or later. After I got suspension sorted out, it has been pure pleasure to run Benelli in every day traffic (backroads, mainly). Engine is so smooth nowadays compared to the early break-in kms that I wonder if it is still the same.

Next service will check carburetor flaps (this is probably not the right expression for an injected engine, but anyway...), mapping and fuel injection. It is calibrated at the outset, but as I had a crash, it will be redone at the importer. The only two things during 4k have been irregular idling, sometimes stalling, and a leaking gasket (of clutch axel, to be replaced soon). Interestingly our startup procedure is the same - don't wind it, but don't give up.:D

And Engenia, thanks for your excellent web site!:bow:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts