Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Brand new member and first posting so be nice!

My year old Benelli Tornado Tre arrived yesterday. Had a few issues already so thought this might be an ideal place to get some answers!

Firstly it wouldn't start which, as suspected was the battery. The bike has been hardly been used in the last 12 months and has been sitting in a dealership for a while. I replaced the battery last night with a new one which solved problem number 1 (incidentally is it just me or is the battery specifically designed to be as difficult as possible to remove and even harder to put back in?).

Now, just to explain, I am a complete novice when it comes to bike maintenance as my previous bikes have all been bulletproof brand new Hondas so I was feeling rather smug when the engine howled into action. Needless to say I went for a very long test ride (with a huge smile on my face). Had a couple of positive comments at the petrol station about how nice the bike was which I've never had before!

I love the bike however I was nearly caught out by the turning circle when I went into a dead end I can normally do a U-turn in with ease. Didn't realise this was a trait of these bikes (or maybe it isn't and I just messed it up).

I then spotted problem number 2. Left rear indicator wasn't working. Thought I'd be smart and swap the bulb with the right one to check it was the bulb as it looked ok when I removed it. And yes, you guessed it, now neither of them works, with either bulb! Aaaargh!

If I push the bulbs in there is a point where contact appears to be made and it will work but this only lasts for one flash then its lost. Anyone had this problem? I'm guessing there's probably something I can do to clean up the connections? Seems strange that the right one immediately stopped working as soon as I opened it.

Not a great start to my Benelli experience but things can only get better. At least I didn't drop it when I messed up the U-turn!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hello all!

Brand new member and first posting so be nice!
[snip]
Needless to say I went for a very long test ride (with a huge smile on my face). Had a couple of positive comments at the petrol station about how nice the bike was which I've never had before!

I love the bike however I was nearly caught out by the turning circle when I went into a dead end I can normally do a U-turn in with ease. Didn't realise this was a trait of these bikes (or maybe it isn't and I just messed it up).

[snip]
Ditto, I've noticed already how much admiring attention it gets when parked.

Turning circle - glad it wasn't just me LOL. A moment last night where I tried to make a tight turn and ended up doing a 'paddling' 3-point turn to go where I wanted :eek: - fortunately it was dark and no one watching.

My 1st ride was longer than planned and also ended with a big smile :)

Bob

·
1,231 Posts
Greetings

Greetings Scotland and welcome. Yes you have joined a group where the attention you receive , well, you have to get used to it! The bikes are amazing. Yes the turn circle is larger than the M25 ring. As far as teh blinker is concerned, did you get the bike from a dealer? If so make them support it. Have them come out with bulbs and a relay. If not, one of the guys will be on that has all teh elctrical diagrams and they will be abe to give you exact info as to possible problems and solutions from there.

Since you are a former Honda owner I have to tell you that these italian bikes are not as reliable as a honda. Having said that some of us have never had any problems except difficult neutral. Others have encountered loads. Persevere and you will be rewarded!!!!

John

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
A warm welcome from a fellow newbie...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts