·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Following on from this thread:
[snip]
I am now the proud owner of a 57 plate 04 model tornado.

Beers on me :D
Welcome from a fellow newbie, who bought an 06 Tre (2400 mile) 10 days ago :)
Have been so excited about it, taking every opportunity to get a ride ...I even got caught out in the downpour this afternoon :doh:
Still it's good to report, no wet weather vices :clap:

Bob

·
Registered
512 Posts
welcome from another newbie.

Won't tell you how much I paid for my 06 with only 800 miles on it.

Had a couple of teething problems but all sorted now and getting in as many miles as possible before the council start gritting the roads up here.

Still not found neutral with the engine running but I live in hope.

·
Registered
28 Posts
welcome from another newbie.

Won't tell you how much I paid for my 06 with only 800 miles on it.

Had a couple of teething problems but all sorted now and getting in as many miles as possible before the council start gritting the roads up here.

Still not found neutral with the engine running but I live in hope.
Neutral.............what's that then??

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Greetings and congrats to all of you fellow nelli noobs:clap: Once the roads get a little bit more biker friendly we should all make a point of getting a get together for a blast on the roads, a few beers and munchies to follow:D

So ...... have you all stopped peering out of the corners of your eyes then to see if you can see anyone looking at you on the bike yet? What about catching a glimps of yourselves in shop windows? Damn, I think I look so good on it that I start to fancy myself:rolling:

All the best fellas and FFS ... keep it shiney side up:bow:

Al;)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
glad you got the bike. Just wait to start going out on rides and everybody asks you what the fans are for:doh: its funny for the first 50-60 times then you just start making things up:rolling: keep a track on your milage, get some big runs in. Cheers.:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
glad you got the bike. Just wait to start going out on rides and everybody asks you what the fans are for:doh: its funny for the first 50-60 times then you just start making things up:rolling: keep a track on your milage, get some big runs in. Cheers.:D
I told the little lad next door they were propellers for when I go under water. You should have seen his eyes light up.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Yup I know I have used that to folk at bike meets when they ask what are they for (Also Exjapsteve did the same !!)

THeres nowt queer as folk now is there ??? !!! :rolling:

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Fans

Er mister whats them there fans for !!!:rolling: just for you Kurt:ele:

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
took it out for the first proper run on sunday.

Went through town and the temp guage went up to about 95, then right round past the red, where it stayed. Turned the ignition off after half hour or so and it went down to about 90. Had to turn the ignition on and off half a dozen times to get it back down to where it should be.

New clocks time?

Also, the fuel guage only goes up to three bars. When i got home i siphoned the petrol right out with the ignition on and watched the bars go down to 1 and the fuel light come on. Then refilled the tank. Definately only goes up to three bars at about half full then doesn't register any more. Is this another fault with the clocks or with the sender in the tank.

Either way, i'll be getting them to sort it at the first service.

Thing that's worrying me though is that they said they had done all the mods. Should this have included the clocks? I've had a look at the clutch actuator and it's black, is this the modified one or the original one? If they haven't changed the clocks when they were meant to, i'm a bit worried about the clutch basket.

·
5,929 Posts
..temp guage went up to about 95, then right round past the red, where it stayed....
New clocks time?
YEP
... the fuel guage only goes up to three bars..... Is this another fault with the clocks or with the sender in the tank.
Sender - mine's doing the same at present. It has been reported in the past, and it can be fixed.
.. they said they had done all the mods. Should this have included the clocks?
No You've got to specifically request it to be changed.
You can tell if it's the original though. If the mode changes with the button still held in, it's the original. The latest will only change mode if the button is held in for long enough and released.
I've had a look at the clutch actuator and it's black, is this the modified one or the original one?
The original was cast, so you have the upgrade.
If they haven't changed the clocks when they were meant to, i'm a bit worried about the clutch basket.
I would be too. Ask to see the basket that was removed.
There is only 1 way to be sure - open it up! Remove the basket, and measure the width of the intermediate gear. It should be 8mm wide. The original was 6mm.
The other mod is the addition of a lock washer on the alternator shaft. The original Loctited method didn't cut it. (Ask TaxTre!)

Cheers
Errol

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
funny enough the salesman rang me up on tuesday to tell me that head office had been on the phone to tell him they'd accidently sent that bike out without changing the clocks :doh: .

They're going to change them at the first service

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
funny enough the salesman rang me up on tuesday to tell me that head office had been on the phone to tell him they'd accidently sent that bike out without changing the clocks :doh: .

They're going to change them at the first service
I bet he read this forum and thought "SH*T, better do sumat quick" ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts