Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crabbait/ Billy Hi fellas great forum you have here. Im from Adelaide Australia the benelli bug bite me a couple of months ago. Awesome looking bikes so last month flew to Melbourne to A1 motor cycles they had a 2004 tornado and the new cafe racers, didnt know which one to buy at the time But to cut a long story short i ended up buying both of them. The cafe was a demo model with a 1000kms on the clock Te tornado has 20000 i have since done 400 kms on the cafe and the alternater has packed up so im waiting for a new one under warranty. I rode the tornado home from Melbourne took her along the great ocean road what a blast. But half way home the speedo started playing up been quoted 1360 dollars for a new one so im looking around on the net for a set of guages. and when i arrived home the motor sounded really rattley i have already ordered a remus pwercone from the uk when it arrives i will fit it then take her in for a service and re tune. i have already discovered they are not just a motor bike they are a way of life. In a the short time i have had them i have already had problems but they are awesome bikes and am glad i have bought them Cheers for now Billy

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome fellas

Im of back to melbourne tomorrow to pick up bike covers for my new babies and the pillion seat for the cafe. speak with yas after the week end oh yea the other reason im going is im taking the little lady to see mellancamp and sheryl crow, you dont get permission two buy two babies with out a bit of giving back:clap: :clap: :clap: :ele: :ele: :D :D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
wo Benelli's:bow: in one go, How Lucky are You ! :clap:
A VERY luck boy indeed.... :)

Welcome to the MADHOUSE Billy.. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Crabbit ;) and welcome to the Forum matey.

Hmmmmm, 2 Benelli's eh, I hope it starts raining soon over there and doesn't stop for 6 Months (Me, Jealous?, never :rolleyes: )

There's a set of Tornado clocks on Ebay UK at the mo that came off a genuine bike that was bought to be broken and sold for parts.

PS hope you cheer up soon :rolling:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Crabbait/ Billy
when i arrived home the motor sounded really rattley Billy
Hi crabbait, and welcome to the forum.

Now then, I don't wish to put a dampener on things, but, as the motor is sounding rattly, maybe you should get the clutch basket inspected before you start it up again (see various threads on the subject). What do our learned friends reckon?

Cheers

Ian

·
3,085 Posts
Hi Crabbait

What years the tornado? if you have the version A dash clocks they should be replaced for free, if you have the later version clocks just get Errols, AKA Engenia's UPS for the clocks, even the later mark "D" versions reset the clock and odo, but for $100 its cheaper than new clocks which are just going to reset again anyhow!. Highly recommend you visit Errols web site for everything you need to know Tornado wise.
See
www.engenia.com.au

The GOR must have been awesome :)
Nath, over in Perth,
900RS

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks For The Warm Welcome Fellas

Lawrence as for you hoping it rains, Remember i come from the land of plenty that also includes sunshine. We are in the middle of a drout in South Aussie so eat ya heart out :rolling: but i have been going through the threads it would seem you are a bit of a guru i might have to pick your brain a bit later Cheers Billy

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clutch basket

Hey Benny i dont think its the clutch basket the sound seems to be comming higher up i think it might be the spring that tensions the chain to the cam not sure though i am taking her in as soon as they have replaced the alternater on the cafe. I will be fixing and looking after the bikes myself eventually but i need to get some workshop manuals first. Dont want to work blind thanks for the tip though when she goes in i will ask the mechanic to check the clutch out cheers for now Billy

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hey Benny i dont think its the clutch basket the sound seems to be comming higher up i think it might be the spring that tensions the chain to the cam not sure though i am taking her in as soon as they have replaced the alternater on the cafe. I will be fixing and looking after the bikes myself eventually but i need to get some workshop manuals first. Dont want to work blind thanks for the tip though when she goes in i will ask the mechanic to check the clutch out cheers for now Billy
Hi Crabbait. That's the way :D ! As Engenia will tell you, the only way to know if the upgrades have been done is to see for yourself, so get the mechanic to show you, and you will have peace of mind. If you look in my gallery you will see that I checked the clutch basket myself, and photographed it. You will see what you are looking for.

While it's apart, do the airbox drain mod, waterproof the coilsticks and check that the tip-over switch is connected, and mount it as per Engenia's site - all dead easy, and very worthwhile. Then ride on and enjoy :ele: !

Cheers

Ian

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hey Billy, I'm no Guru, that was just a vicious rumor that one of the guys started :)

You can download copies of the Workshop Manuals from the following links:-

Tornado

TNT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts