Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, Just bought my Trek and it looks like Wossers old one!! Not been for a full on ride yet as the weather in Bolton is a littel crap. So, in the meentime I thought I would catch up on all the gossip and join the group. I will let you know how I get on withthe Trek as I have just changed from my Multistrada so it would be good to see if my decission has been a sound one!
Cheers Andy.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
if you dont like it id be very suprised,like all italian machine`s they have there little niggles merry xmas and welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome

Cheers Ferret for the welcome. I understand what you meen. I own a few Italian bikes so I am well aquainted to the pain as well as the pleasure of ownership. Hopefully the Tre-K will be more pleasure:)
Already had a short ride and noticed the famous vibration between 3000 and 4000 revs and the tickover has a mind of it's own between 1200 and 1800 rpm!!
On the positive side I am really happy with the handling. It is very nuatral and predictable and is far better to ride first off than my Multistrada. So, on balance it looks like a good choice. Have a great Christmas everyone.

·
Registered
290 Posts
welcome

Hi There nice to see we have another trekkie in the region. enjoy it you will (oops thats star wars):doh:

·
keeft
70 Posts
Andy,

The bipolar idle issue seems to plague all TreKs. No rational explanation, however kill the engine then restarting immediately seems to return the idle to 1500 every time for me?

Enjoy, I'm still loving every ride and looks from other bikers who mouth the words "WTF is that" :D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Andy - I know Steve (exjapsteve) has had a TreK since they 1st came out - he has had next to no problems with his :ele: .
Enjoy the bike (and the forum :D )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts