1,217 Posts
Excellent news - Good luck, and keep us informed...!! :clap:

cheers,
Dom

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Put together the first pass of the major parts needed for the rebuilt. Used shop.Benelli.Parts to get part numbers and new item prices. At least they (supposedly) have the hard-to-get stuff available, though prices did go up since I made the original list last year. I'll post a list in the classifieds once I clean the sheet up a bit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Posted up the big hitters left on the parts shopping list. Have a source for a seat, but working out payment/shipping.

This is the work list I've come up with so far, with some questions.

Drain fuel, oil, coolant. Check coolant hoses.

Front caliper rebuild. Want to replace seals since they were close to the fire.
New front brake lines. Same as above. Close to fire, could be damaged.

Add Touratech 6mm fuel quick disconnect.

Check chain tensioner/cam chain wear. Replace parts as needed.

Valve clearance check. Remove shims to check if dented.

Airbox drain tube extension

Fork rebuild. Outer seal is melted. Always rebuild forks on a new bike anyways.

New brake pads, chain, sprockets, bleed brakes.

Verify have upgraded clutch arm

Questions:

Worth it to replace the rubbers on the alternator? I'm already expecting to have the engine sitting for a while waiting on new valve shims, and not a lot of money.

do I need the Z25 shaft replaced, or just make sure it has a bellville washer on it?

Need to re-read the clutch section of the info site. Think there's something important in there to do as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Not dead yet. Long break. Had to take care of an elder family member full time.

Have some parts waiting. Big problem is I ordered parts from Benelli.parts or City Motorcycles last year in May. Still haven't gotten them. Spoke with Gert a few weeks ago to ship what parts he has and cancel the rest. Now phone is not connecting. I feel like I lost a lot of money right now.

I also had an issue with a spare set of forks last summer. On ebay, Seller "tornadp_57". I paid for forks. Supposedly shipped them, but I never received tracking information. Did not respond to emails timely. Claimed USA customs sent forks back. Stopped responding. More money lost.

But I picked up a few other parts, so some good things.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Short update. In November I put in a big order of parts from Maniac and Carbon.sk. Maybe January all the parts will ship. I will be able to do the cam chain, the Z25 kit, and lots of carbon fiber. Peter sent me a picture of parts that are done so far. Very excited for next year now.
The biggest issue I have now is I do not remember where I put the box with my replacement instrument cluster. Hopefully I will find it.

·
6,030 Posts
Glad you are sticking with it. There weren't enough built to lose any.
You're going to love it when its ready to ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
great to hear you are taking on a challenge well worth it it took my son and myself 2 years to finish ours if you go back a year in the posts you will see the one we got in bits it came up a treat with all the help from freelast and engenia errols site was a great help and people actually found me the bits i needed the forum was a great help hope it all goes well Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

21 - 27 of 27 Posts