Benelli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my TNT on monday GREAT_ I see this months Bike has one featured. Mine 2004 TNT yellow

They say the new one has 111bhp_ I though i saw them at 137bhp and 118bhp with the rain map on? on Brabant motors

Some call it a tornado naked tre but on the site brabant motors they refer to Tnt by its proer name TRINITROTOLUENE ?

My brother has found this in italy (he lives there)http://www.qdexhaust.it/sphera/benelli/tnt-1130

I also had a problem with insurance they called it a TNT S - which i told them it was not_ it really cant be that hard to sort out can it?

Any feedback greatfully appreciated

Mike in Hampshire :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi.
I'm also just about to purchase a 2004 TNT. I rang bennetts insurance last week to find out what the premium would be and argued with the bloke on the phone for 10 minutes as to what model it was, he insisted that it was a TNT-S, as they don't have just TNT on their system?????

I guess once you've told them that it's a TNT and not any other TNT model, it's not your problem...

Best of luck with your new machine.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hi.
I'm also just about to purchase a 2004 TNT. I rang bennetts insurance last week to find out what the premium would be and argued with the bloke on the phone for 10 minutes as to what model it was, he insisted that it was a TNT-S, as they don't have just TNT on their system?????

I guess once you've told them that it's a TNT and not any other TNT model, it's not your problem...

Best of luck with your new machine.
Hi ricc and smarTNT
This problem has cropped up a few times in the past and the answer has been try Tornado Naked Tre! They may well have that on the system.
Enjoy the experience:clap: :clap: :clap: I know you will.
What part of the country are you in as a few rides are in the planning stage.....take a look at the Gen Disscussion pages.
Welcome aboard.
Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the info, i'll tell them tornado naked tre then..,,

I'm in Torquay, anything going on in my neck of the woods??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello

I am Mike and based near Portsmouth.

I am getting my bike from 3 legged cross bikes near ringwood.

Looking to get some mods and bits_ just to make it mine.:)

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is the same bike uniquetntfreak tried to buy but he had problems starting and he returned the bike.

I have it on good authority that the bike is OK now, but if you have any problems, be brutal with 3X as the bike has history of TnT quirkiness

If you need it fixing you have two options - Moto Corsa behind threecross is the best place in England to take an 04 model, or if you are in Portsmouth try Moto-hedz on the Isle of Wight and tell Adey Keith Mills sent you (he serviced my green TNT in March)

Best of luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, had the same problem with insurance, phoned bennetts and told them of this web site and gave them a link to mcn. they insured mine as a cafe racer with a foot note saying that it wasn't :rolling:
As long as that foot note is there you're ok

:ele: :ele: :ele:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

Yes i was going to write to the previous owner and see why he only had it a while, I have 3 months warranty and will do some digging.

I rode it home 40 miles or so and then took it out. It stopped running while ticking over_ but starts fine and goes like stink. Its a bit jerky at 3k and wants to go or slow not like honda fuel injection

Overall its great bought with my heart not my head.

How much bhp should it have ? I saw 137 on the brabant motors and 111bhp in bike this month? Is one flywheel and one rear wheel.

Thanks for the input I shall keep you in the know_ My temp runs at upper 3/4 mark is this usual?

Thanks - mIke

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Thanks for the info, i'll tell them tornado naked tre then..,,

I'm in Torquay, anything going on in my neck of the woods??
If you know of some good rideouts / roads near to you - drop a line on this link http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1685

Cos I am gonna put a poll thing together and I guess that it will end up being 2 or 3 Benelli rideouts in various parts of the UK on saturday 7th July

Kurt

·
Registered
263 Posts
HECTOR - You got that right!!:rolling:

Mine was on 3/4 guage when the fans come on, normal riding on a cool day on the open road between 1/2 and 3/4

Hot day - fans on , and on , and on

It has been suggested that the position of the temp sensor is a bit close to the engine...

If you are enjoying the bike, there's nothing wrong with it - don't forget to plug into an optimate or similar when not in use, and do not under any circumstances, demonstradte the bike briefly by turning it on for a quick rev and then turn off again - do this twice and you'll probably be charging her up before going for a ride....

Gotta love 'em. Don't forget - Moto Corsa behind 3X if you are in difficulties

1 - 11 of 11 Posts