Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guy's

I have hosted some pictures of my MV Agusta and my newly aquired Z900 Kawasaki. Many of you all know about my MV but I have only recently acquired my Kwaka. http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/lloydbenton

She has been completely rebuilt from the ground up using new or refurbished parts. The engine has been vapour blasted and rebuilt with new valve guides, pistons, bearings, seals, gaskets etc, the carbs have also been vapour blasted and rebuilt using new carb overhaul kits. The engine casings, forks, hubs etc has been highly polished and looks amazing!

The rest of the bike has been stripped, vapour blasted or cleaned, re-chromed and rebuilt, the frame being powder coated and all stickers and chassis id's being reprinted and replaced. The paintwork is that of a 1975 B1 model but the bike is actually a genuine UK spec A4 model and registered in 1977.

The front brakes have been replaced with a later pair of Z1000 calipers which where more powerful, I have left them on as this is considered to be a "period modification" but I have recently bought a pair of original ones that I will be refurbishing, I am looking for another tank, tail unit & side panels so that I can have them painted to A4 spec keeping for shows etc. Other than this the bike is completly standard and runs as sweet as she would have over 30 years ago!

This is one I will not be getting rid of in a hurry as it was my dream bike "when I was a lad"!!!!

Your comments on her would be nice to read

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Z900!!! Man those bikes are nice. I rode the crap out of one when they first came out. They're tank slapping bitches but man they sure are smooth and the hottest thing around when they first came out. Later I rode a Z1R which was way ahead of it's time. Nice pics!

NOt so keen on the black bike though...the green one looks so much better.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have a soft spot for the Z as it was a pillion ride on my mates dads Z that gave me this itch that is only satisfied by 2 wheelers (trust me I tried creams they dont work :rolling: ).
V Nice mate.

Col

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Ahh the Z900, loved them and used to own the same shape Z1000A with a choice of black paintwork or burgundy paintwork,mine was heavily modified and regrettfully was in the days when you stripped your bike down to powder coat the frame gold or some other garish colour , stripped the old kwaka engine down and polished my head (1st sexual thrill?) . like your 9 lloyd puts all us old peoples rose tinted glasses on for sure. nice one.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Very, very nice indeed Lloyd.... :clap:

·
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, I couldn't turn the offer of the Zed down when the seller threw in the slippers as well!!!!!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts