Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me i am not nuts.Even after reading all of your misadventures with the tre ,i still found myself bombing up to peterboro from dartford with an insane grin on my face to put a deposit on a 56 plate rs which i pick up in september.TAZ offered me a good price for the r6 and i could not resist the rs for 6995.I tried to speak to the two tre owners down the oakdene last week but gave up as everyone else was swarming over them(the bikes i mean).:rollin
I fell in love with the tornado as soon as i saw her a couple of years ago at the ally pally show,but it has always been a pipe dream until now.......
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as i have about as much techical know how as big bad al......sorry al:rollin but i coudnt fit a peanut in a starving monkeys mouth.
Any reasurrance would also be welcome before the men in white coats come to get me. paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: New r6 is going....about to join the club..what have i d

Welcome to the club Paul;)

You're not going nuts mate, you're making the right move, trust me:p I was out for a spin on my Tre today and had every man and his dog trying to catch a glimps of the bike. (It might have been the leather clad adonis that straddled it, but I doubt it:lol )
You really do feel special when you're out and about but it's also more than that. For me, I jumped from a gsxr6 (99 model) to the Tre and the difference was like night and day to me. The ride height shot up, one finger braking became possible, roundabouts seemed 'round' at speed and not the usual 50p shaped route that I normally had to take. Of course there is the noise of the triple and the look of the bike too.:p

This is a great little community the Roland has started here and you will get more than your fair share of knowledge thrown your way should you ever need it.

Anyway, I'm off to by a bag of peanuts to try and feed some starving monkeys:rollin ;)

Al:smokin

Oh,I can't let this thread go without tempting you into one of these from Laurence8)

Carbon goodies

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New r6 is going....about to join the club..what have i d

:lol Hello 66shark,nice to hear you have ordered a tornado!
I am new to tornado ownership (3 weeks to be precise) but i am pleased with mine.I bought from TAZ. When you collect check you get 4 keys 2 flip and 2 normal with number attached.Also a tool kit which does not fit on the bike so take a bag! I would check the screen for bubbles as mine and niquem had faults.I am waiting for them to change under warrenty, niquem has had bits changed. If any faults you may be able to get done at 1st service.
The oil gets quite dirty at first and most people change it before the 600 mile, i used mineral 15/50 as is supplied with.
It is easy to change,but if you are not sure I am only in gravesend. I was a bit worried but all on this site are enthusiasts and share information! I love my bike and if it was not raining i`d be out on it now!!! :rollin :lol :rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome

Hi Paul,

It's good to have another Benelli rider on board (soon)

I can tell you are already smitten by the Tornado bug and like the rest of us here you will probably get used to all the little 'quirks' that makes owing a Benelli a bit 'special'.

Just don't expect Jap reliability and get used to the fact that you are about to join a small (but ever increasing) exclusive 'club'.

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Welcome

I've only had mine a month and only done about 1000 miles on it but it is quite a special bike.
I parked next to a brand new 749R at the local bike cafe on Saturday and the guy who owned it was seriously considering ringing taz on monday, even his missus said his bike was uglier than mine, not bad considering the nelli fell over on thursday and was a bit worse for wear.
It takes a little while to get used to everybody looking at it, even those who say they don't like it still look at it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome

:hat Hello 66shark, welcome to the fold.:)

The Tre owners you where trying to speak to at the Oakdene was ColinTornado and myself. Shame you could not get to speak to us.

You will love the Tre, I have had mine for nearly three years now and although I have a few problems they have all been sorted. My bike has been used in anger at Misano in 2004 and did not miss a beat.

All on this forum have valuable knowledge so any questions or problems you might have I am sure someone will be able to sort out.

Weather permitting, when you get your bike please let Colin and I know and we will arrange to meet up.

Look forward to seeing you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yo Shark

I also bought my RS from Taz a few months ago. Same price....yours better not be Red!

I've bought my bikes from Taz for the last 6-7 years and Chez(Warranty Manager) will look after you.

Where are you based>?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hi Paul,
Def made the right decision-especially going for the RS (seperately all the upgrades would cost about £4500 extra! so gotta be a bargain for a grand).
I've got an 06 RS in yellow-it's sooo good i even pop into the garage with my coffee rather than sit in the house.
Hope you get miles of troublefree riding.
Cheers, NJAY RS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

dear all,
thanks for the replies,im sure im going to have a great time on the tre.......yes i bought a red rs....althou i would have been happy with any colour.....but the way i look at it is if your going to have a bit of exotic italian art it must be red.....nothing to do with the fact that all my new kit is red also as i had a red r6 ......really
has anyone got any thoughts on cans for the rs......is it worth putting on the racing can ( ti i think) and remapping or should i stick to the standard one on the rs.........many thanks.........................paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I would stick with the standard can for now sharkyboy:) It sounds good enough I reckon with the one that's on there but if you have the cash to splash out then go for it matey;)

Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts