Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, collected my RS last week and have already knocked up 500 miles with mixed emotions...have I done the right thing?
The tail section was cracked upon collection from the dealer, and today I have noticed that the black backing on the screen which covers the instruments has cracked and bubbled up which looks a mess. Also the paint on the nearside fairing is flaking where it jions onto the top section.:\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the forums buddy;)
have I done the right thing?
Hopefully not, but you wouldn't be the only one that has had that thought run through their head I can tell you:( I bought my Tre in January and have hardly been on it. It just seems to be one thing after another with me at the moment:( Am I regretting buying mine? If it wasn't for the 'elitism' that seems to come with owning a Benelli and the looks that it gets (not to mention the noise of the triple) then yes I do regret buying it. I am however trying to look on the bright side and once I get mine back from KJM then I'm hoping that everything will be okay (fingers crossed);)
The flaking paint is a known issue (I'm on my 3rd set of fairings and it's still not fixed) but I think I have a set on order from the factory (hmmmm, I'll need to check that).
Get it back to your dealer bud and get those problems sorted asap. Keep us posted on your progress:\

Al:b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines now done just over 600 miles in a week or so... It all seems ok so far.. chain gets slack far too easily but thats probably to do with my very less than smooth riding style... I have broken both mirror glasses with heavy handed adjustment but other than that it seems to be ok (but I still havent cleaned it so maybe on closer inspection i'll find some faults...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
contacted TAZ motorbikes today, they suppplied me with the RS. Couldn't fault their service, they said they will sort issues out at the first service which is due next Monday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome verticalvince!

i too have the pleasure of owning a RS. Taz also look after mine,they are excellent, and only 25 miles to travel:D

mine has been ok apart from a cutting out problem,which is now fixed.

stu.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snap....

Hi Vertical

I had my RS from Taz. 6 weeks and 700 miles in. My screen has done the same, paint coming off fairing lowers, amoungst other little niggles.

Aparently, Taz have got a guy from Benelli coming in this week to address 'issues'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts