Benelli Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Unplugged it, bike still runs like shit. Engine light is on. I think it’s fried the new ECU :(
The solenoid plug is with the injector plug connectors, so five leads from the loom, the two pin and three injector plugs and the temp sensor plug (brown one )

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Quick update, the bike is back at Corse, so Ant can work his magic. Which is a little odd for me, as I’m used to working on my bikes myself. I figure this one needs to be sorted out by one of the best in the business though.

We’re currently investigating the possibility of getting one, or both of the ECU’s repaired. If not, I have a couple of options for a replacement, so we’ll see what pricing comes back.

While she’s in the shop, I’m going to ask Ant to check out the stepper motor and reset the TPS in the hope that it fixes the severe overfuelling, and upgrade the battery leads to the starter motor. And remove the exhaust valve solenoid as I’m fairly certain that it’s that stupid piece of shit that’s causing things to go pop.

Any other ideas on what to look for?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quick update, the bike is back at Corse, so Ant can work his magic. Which is a little odd for me, as I’m used to working on my bikes myself. I figure this one needs to be sorted out by one of the best in the business though.

We’re currently investigating the possibility of getting one, or both of the ECU’s repaired. If not, I have a couple of options for a replacement, so we’ll see what pricing comes back.

While she’s in the shop, I’m going to ask Ant to check out the stepper motor and reset the TPS in the hope that it fixes the severe overfuelling, and upgrade the battery leads to the starter motor. And remove the exhaust valve solenoid as I’m fairly certain that it’s that stupid piece of shit that’s causing things to go pop.

Any other ideas on what to look for?
I would check both Ecu,s first , if only to find the damage to the second one is the same as your original.
If it is, then you know the wiring connection to the solenoid caused the second failure. that is assuming your
second one is blown.
You need to be sure ,and find that fault first, it will become a "money pit" if it eats Ecu number 3.

I wish you well, hopefully your second ecu is not buggered ..

·
Registered
603 Posts
I agree with Pete it would be a shame to kill another ecu. But you said it was ok until you plugged in the solenoid. I wouldn’t plug or unplug anything live on this ecu they are flaky flaky flaky

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
And just heard back... it's definitely the ECU again. While I'm able to get them repaired, I've decided that I just want the damn thing back on the road! So hopefuly I'll be able to order another ECU in the next few days.

Not 100% on what's causing them to die, though we suspect the exhaust valve solenoid shorting. I'm determined to get to the bottom of it.

List of things to sort out
  • Electrical - work out what's blowing up ECU's
  • Battery - Upgrade to 16mm cables (need lengths)
  • Stepper - Check operation, replace if necessary
  • TPS - Check and reset

41 - 45 of 45 Posts