Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some searching i bought a TNT this week. it was delivered to me yesterday.
This is the bike

It's done 2k miles and there is a little bit of history with it.
A service at BDS Motorcycles in North Shields
A service at KJM in 2017 and 2 other invoices from KJM that do not have parts listed on them.
The guy who i bought it from in Redditch had no idea what a Z25 mod was so i 've booked the bike in at Bennetts for a service and a look over.
So,if it needs a Z25 can i get the bits in this country or not?Am i right in thinking there is a clutch mod of some sort req'd as well ?
Where would i source these parts please? Maniac?When i booked the bike in at bennetts i was informed that they do not keep the Z25 kit.
Thanks for your input gents

· Registered
1,167 Posts
After some searching i bought a TNT this week. it was delivered to me yesterday.
This is the bike

It's done 2k miles and there is a little bit of history with it.
A service at BDS Motorcycles in North Shields
A service at KJM in 2017 and 2 other invoices from KJM that do not have parts listed on them.
The guy who i bought it from in Redditch had no idea what a Z25 mod was so i 've booked the bike in at Bennetts for a service and a look over.
So,if it needs a Z25 can i get the bits in this country or not?Am i right in thinking there is a clutch mod of some sort req'd as well ?
Where would i source these parts please? Maniac?When i booked the bike in at bennetts i was informed that they do not keep the Z25 kit.
Thanks for your input gents
It is a mk 2 TNT , look at the Clocks set, it would have been supplied as new with the up graded Z25 gear, better clutch basket etc. who was the supplying dealer ? probably KJM. Speak to them first and they will confirm that the bike was supplied with the correct parts.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a mk 2 TNT , look at the Clocks set, it would have been supplied as new with the up graded Z25 gear, better clutch basket etc. who was the supplying dealer ? probably KJM. Speak to them first and they will confirm that the bike was supplied with the correct parts.
Thank you so much. I'll do that today

· No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,478 Posts
I think you’ve got quite an early 899 tnt. No bad thing though. I think they built them 2007/08 (You can find when it was built by the frame no.) Deffo get the z25 checked, my euro spec 899 is a 2013 built and the z25 was mullered. All TNT 899’s have those clocks by the way. 1130 ones are different……. I’d also recommend an upgraded water pump if you can get hold of one, got mine from Benellibikers Facebook group.

enjoy the bike
Hand tool Wood Household hardware Tool Key

2013 TNT 899 z25……….. my replacement came from Maniac motors in Germany. They have them on the shelf. Also believe they bought up all the n.o.s. tnt body panels left in Pesaro…..

Fred

· Registered
1,167 Posts
I can not say I have ever seen a 899 TNT, I thought all the clocks were the traditional Tornado/TNT/Trek pattern. When was the 899 introduced with the new clocks. Surely they were not still selling the inferior z25 on the later bike , like after 2007. All the unsold stocks of bikes were upgraded before selling, in 2009 onwards, the cut price £6000 tornado,s etc. My 1130Tre from 2007, reg 2010 has the upgrade.

MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,478 Posts
I can not say I have ever seen a 899 TNT, I thought all the clocks were the traditional Tornado/TNT/Trek pattern. When was the 899 introduced with the new clocks. Surely they were not still selling the inferior z25 on the later bike , like after 2007. All the unsold stocks of bikes were upgraded before selling, in 2009 onwards, the cut price £6000 tornado,s etc. My 1130Tre from 2007, reg 2010 has the upgrade.

Think all 899 tnt’s have those clocks, made by KOSO I believe. Strangely my old 2009 tnt 899S had no z25 issues but this later bike did…….🤷‍♂️ Sorted now with maniac motors suppled parts, which I believe they have manufactured to their own spec. Far superior and I don’t think have Benelli have any left!

fred

· Registered
2 Posts
I think you’ve got quite an early 899 tnt. No bad thing though. I think they built them 2007/08 (You can find when it was built by the frame no.) Deffo get the z25 checked, my euro spec 899 is a 2013 built and the z25 was mullered. All TNT 899’s have those clocks by the way. 1130 ones are different……. I’d also recommend an upgraded water pump if you can get hold of one, got mine from Benellibikers Facebook group.

enjoy the bike View attachment 39089

2013 TNT 899 z25……….. my replacement came from Maniac motors in Germany. They have them on the shelf. Also believe they bought up all the n.o.s. tnt body panels left in Pesaro…..

Fred
Think all 899 tnt’s have those clocks, made by KOSO I believe. Strangely my old 2009 tnt 899S had no z25 issues but this later bike did…….🤷‍♂️ Sorted now with maniac motors suppled parts, which I believe they have manufactured to their own spec. Far superior and I don’t think have Benelli have any left!

fred
So when did they start using those KOSO clocks. As I said I have never seen a 899Tnt. 900 Tre K , yes they had the standard tornado clocks with out the power two map button. Early 1130 tnt had the single map tornado clocks as did the 1130 tre. What ecu is in the 899, sagem , walbro 1 or walbro 2 map version. 2007 on, the first generation Tre K had 2map Walbro. perhaps it was a tourer version. When were the production years of the 899 tnt. Any idea how many were actually made , and sold . Are they still lurking in the back of a warehouse ?

· Registered
1,113 Posts
Mine is an a 2009 built 899 tre k it has the walbro ECU which I believe can have the ,2nd map( but my ECU was dead when I bought it so it has an 1130 ECU) but they look identical

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all replies gents. I've found from the frame number that this bike is a 2008 build. The bike has gone to Bennetts today for a service and a check over to make sure it has all the upgraded parts fitted. ..... Fingers crossed

MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,478 Posts
Let us know how you go?

Fred

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let us know how you go?

Fred
Hi Fred. the bike got a clean bill of health from Matt at Bennetts. The Z25 and clutch were the modified parts and apart from a few loose and crossthreaded bolts all was ok. I rode the bike home on Wednesday and although the weather was not great i enjoyed the ride.I'm fitting a tail tidy today and a smaller number plate

MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,478 Posts
Great news👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts