Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have owned my tornado rs since september 05 ,i bought it brand new from 3 cross,i traded in my 748r ducati for it ,i havent used it for a couple of years ,so i am going to service it and use it this year, its only covered just over a thousand miles ,what parts will i need to replace and any tips.tony

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
maybe u shouls have ordered all the parts 2 yrs ago and u would just be gettin them now lol.

if like mine none . oil sevice by harry nash chiswick they get it rite and not dear unlike others in the south

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
how can you leave an RS in the garage, its like going on a date with Jenna Jameson & giving her a kiss on the cheek at the end of the night:confused: :confused: , never mind, at least you are going to give her a run. I am sure you will get lots of advice mate. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
At 1000 miles it's should have had it's first service before you laid it up. Next service would be 3750 miles. As it's been 2yrs since then I'd recommend oil and filter, but also a general once over.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Welcome UK300. Get it serviced, get out on it, and get yourself to the Scottish Gathering in May.. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
am taking it to the northwest 200 this year ,i usually go in my mates motorhome ,thanks for the welcome.

G

·
Welcome to the forum matey
I would change the oil & filter and have a steady 100 mile ride and just check all is well.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
It largely depends on what colour it is as to what servicing is required ;) ; if it's the custard yellow colour it will cost more than the bike's worth, so you better sell it to me for a pittance to help you out...:D

cheers,

Ian

·
1,841 Posts
As well as changing oil and filter and a check all over I would also give it a dose of injector cleaner, standing idle may have left deposits from the fuel gumming up the injectors. If you get a knock from front end also check engine mounts are tight.(see recent HANGLOOSE posts etc)
colin..

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
As well as changing oil and filter and a check all over I would also give it a dose of injector cleaner, standing idle may have left deposits from the fuel gumming up the injectors. If you get a knock from front end also check engine mounts are tight.(see recent HANGLOOSE posts etc)
colin..
I would add to this and remove all fuel from gas tank and put new fuel in. Do not try and start with this old fuel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts