Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm now the proud owner of a grey/silver 57 plate Tornado 1130. Having sold my Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 to return to sportsbikes.:) So if you see me on the Skipton-Settle-Hawes-Kirby Lonsdale looop please say hello.

1st piece of advice - I havent picked the bike up yet as I've asked MRO to replace the exhaust baffle and re-fit the cable system that opens/closes the exhaust valve just before the end can before I part with my cash.

Can somone tell me what this is for, how it works and is it best left off....

I plan to get used to the bike this summer with a couple of track days and then get it over to ManiacMotors (they looked after my Corsaro) in Neurenburg for an engine re-work which they say will give 160bhp at the wheel. Dyno map available ....

Your help is much appreciated for a Benelli newbie. :bow:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Hi and welcome and glad to hear your the owner of a 1130 Tornado . there's a guy with a green/silver 1130 Tornado over in Barrow and when i'm up there i see him frequently going over towards kirby etc so you may bump (not literally!) into him . Sounds like an exup powervalve thing fitted there on the 1130's and i would keep it if it helps the midrange . A member on here did what you did and went to one of the Moto Morinis from a Benelli so its good to see one returning the other way . Welcome :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi - I'm now the proud owner of a grey/silver 57 plate Tornado 1130. Having sold my Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 to return to sportsbikes.:) So if you see me on the Skipton-Settle-Hawes-Kirby Lonsdale looop please say hello.

1st piece of advice - I havent picked the bike up yet as I've asked MRO to replace the exhaust baffle and re-fit the cable system that opens/closes the exhaust valve just before the end can before I part with my cash.

Can somone tell me what this is for, how it works and is it best left off....

I plan to get used to the bike this summer with a couple of track days and then get it over to ManiacMotors (they looked after my Corsaro) in Neurenburg for an engine re-work which they say will give 160bhp at the wheel. Dyno map available ....

Your help is much appreciated for a Benelli newbie. :bow:
What was your impression on the Moto Morini Corsaro?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moto Morini is a superb brand with the factory 100% behind its bikes and they offer a no questions asked 3yr warrant to ensure everone out there is happy.

I had a std Corsaro with a CAT free exhaust and it makes 125bhp at the rear wheel which blows away any other naked bike. Power delivery is instant in any gear and it throttle wheelies in 1st 2nd and 3rd. I've done several track days on it and it great. However, I cant have 2 bikes and I want a fairing to hide behind on longer runs to Germany / Italy. So untill MM launch their sportsbike I'm on a Benelli.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an abreviation for my surname ... Some call me fits

Anyone got advice on the exup?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
You are better off leaving it open, plus the airflaps if the Tornado has them.
I personally think they are there for noise emission control. I removed mine, worked on the Map and the exhaust header and gained 10hp at the rear wheel.
125 to 135 on a Cafe Racer. The power increased throughout the rev range.

Paul

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Welcome to the Mad House Mate, Enjoy your new Baby :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey

hey congrats on the new bike i am from cumbria / workington i am in kirkby quite often if you see a red rs it will most be likely be me i think i am heading out there sunday if you are out and about love to see your new 1130 give me a shout if you are i will pm you my mob number so you can text me if you like :clap:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hope to try her out at Cadwell Pk on Sunday but will be up to Devils Bridge sometime over Easter weekend.
Sent you a pm with my number

1 - 10 of 10 Posts