Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don鈥檛 know if anyone is interested, but I鈥檓 in the process of having a set of high grade stainless steel down pipes made up , jig and all. In the next couple of weeks. Sorting out the details tomorrow. 馃憤

Reactions: DenH

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First pics of stainless down pipes for the Tornado tre 900.馃憤

Reactions: Neil1400

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of curiosity, aren't the OEM down pipes made from stainless steel too? What is the benefit of high grade stainless steel ?
I think they are , mine are leaking at the scavenger joints,so I wanted a new set, that鈥檚 why.馃憤

The one annoying thing about the headers is that they are set up in a triangular configuration under the engine. Look at any Tornado and you'll see the problem with that. A bloke with a Amazonas reworked them flat, increasing the ground clearance. That looked like a brilliant idea to me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one annoying thing about the headers is that they are set up in a triangular configuration under the engine. Look at any Tornado and you'll see the problem with that. A bloke with a Amazonas reworked them flat, increasing the ground clearance. That looked like a brilliant idea to me.
I won鈥檛 be taking my tornado off road don鈥檛 you worry. My OE down pipes are looking a bit sorry and leaving sooty carbon deposits on the cylinder block. Not expensive, easy fix.

Registered
Speaking of low undercarriage on bikes on my Kawasaki zzr1400 I hit the sump plug coming off a kerb in France. A few days later it came undone when I was doing about 80. Luckily I saw the oil light come on and cut the engine. 6 hours later the breakdown company managed to find us (got my money back due to that). Taken to garage new plug, filled with oil and we were on our way to next hotel. 6.30pm and 200 miles to go. That was the 2nd breakdown that day, had a puncture in the morning. Some days you'd just like to forget.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Has someone tried to repair such a damage?
Would be interested to know about success or failure (and at best learnings from failures to avoid them)
I've opened mine back up a couple of times by heating it up and pushing it back into shape with a steel bar from the inside. Not pretty, but you don't see it.
If it is damaged too many times more, I'll look into moving the outside ones apart and raising the middle one.

Registered
Couldn't get a really good picture, but this is what my pipes look like. I think those will need some attention later..
If I replace, think I'm going to spread them out as suggested. That's pretty rough.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts