Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New Tornado bought, lovely machine am chuffed to bits with it.
Where though can I find parts , bits, accessories for it.
Your help is appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the brotherhood of grin, just be ready for the staring, lots of questions and attention where ever you go. Check out the forum for parts etc the boys on here are really helpful with all kinds of problems.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
new tornado

Thanks for the welcome Steve,
Definately got the grin factor already, what a machine. As for the looks, questions etc, already getting them.
I got a booklet with the bike, showing the accessories available from Benelli, but no pricelist or contact details. Do not know where to get anything from. Have trawled the google for any additions to the bike but cannot find any decent websites apart from the normal ones and they don't do benelli stuff.
I have the tank protector, very nice and pretty. Was hoping to find something similar to go on the front to stop stone chips. Have been in touch with motografix who do nice kits for the other sports bikes but none for a Benelli.
Anywhere else would be a start...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: new tornado

Welcome to the forums fella;) Whereabouts are you in the world as that would help us be able to let you know where to get your accessories from?
Scotchgard Paint protection Film can be applied to give your paintwork that little bit of protection (in fact I think Laurence has something similar on his tre). What sort of accessories are you looking for so that we can have a wee look for you.
Anyway buddy, welcome once again;)

Al:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: new tornado

Thanks.
I am from Doncaster in Yorkshire, UK.
Basically Al I am looking for anything that goes on it. If |I like the look I will buy, at the moment, I cannot find anywhere, In a language I understand that shows parts.
As I said, Any help, advice greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome

Hiya,

It's good to have another proud owner on board.

Here are a couple of links to companies that do the paint protection film:-

www.defendall.com/default.aspx

This lot do a 20 piece kit that covers most of the vulnerable areas but it will cost you around £100

www.autotrimdesign.net/de...gory=14172

This is the stuff that I've used on both my Tornados.
It's a 9 piece kit that costs around £50 and does a good job.

Al has already mentioned the Pro-oiler which is another great product, but I sure wish he would stop 'flashing' those carbon wheels of his.........It's making me feel a bit jealous:x

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Welcome

Al has already mentioned the Pro-oiler which is another great product, but I sure wish he would stop 'flashing' those carbon wheels of his.........It's making me feel a bit jealous:x
haha

:rollin

At least I don't own 2 Benelli's:eek ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yeah, it's making ME jealous and I own 2 Bimotas and a Benelli :eek

'course I can't ride anything yet >:

I did manage to walk in 3 1/2 foot deep water today at my physical therapy session. Woohoo!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

If you want to upgrade stuff can i suggest by replacing the chain. The factory fitted chain is complete and utter crap, have it replaced by a DID one (not a Regina, it IS a Regina chain ;) ), which will last much longer and does not have as much sideways slack (which eats your tyre on the side) as the original one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

If you want to upgrade stuff can i suggest by replacing the chain. The factory fitted chain is complete and utter crap, have it replaced by a DID one
irfuel is spot on with that upgrade. I had mine replaced as I noticed that the sideways slack was more than normal and that it seemed to rust the minute you mentioned the word water:lol
I got mine from here linky and it set me back £113 (525zvm2) and is a lovely goldie colour too:b

Al:smokin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks for all your help people, Got some good ideas to start with
But Please keep them coming....
And whilst I am on, Is there any mods for the dodgy sidestand. I see a few have had problems already reading through the board..
Stu

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

OOh and before I forget, the fans. Do they come on together at all times and rotate at the same speed, or are they designed to come on seperately, and rotate independantly of each other.
I had my mate following me the other day and said that the latter was happening, whereas I would have thought the other was the case....
Thanking you
Stuart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

If I'm right Stu then the fans (or the turbos as we like to call them) should come on at the same time, rotate at the same speed and stop at the same time and not how you describe.
To test this theory, go for a blast on your machine and stop for a minute or two. Get your mate to switch the ignition on whilst you stand at the rear of the bike and see for yourself as the fans will (should) come on;)

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fans

dont forget the fans will turn when your riding due to the air flowing though them, regardless of the engine temp, I suspect this is what you are seeing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: fans

dont forget the fans will turn when your riding due to the air flowing though them, regardless of the engine temp, I suspect this is what you are seeing.
Aha, of course|I Sometimes you just can't see the woods for the trees;)

Problem solved;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

And another thing...
While I was on the subject of dodgy sidestands, does anyone know about crash bungs, Only for just in cases you know. But I do not fancy drilling the fairings meself...
So dodgy sidestand mods and crash protectors anyone please..
Will start repaying you all for the help soon....
Promise

Stuart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Stu noticed that you were in doncaster,where did you get the bike from. I thought I was the only one in south yorks (sheffield) as I've never seen another knocking around the area. Maybe we could meet one weekend at J&S and give them all something to talk about!!

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
: fans

Hi Steve,
Bought bike from Motografix in Donny, You may want to know they are a dealer for benelli and will do servicing etc for you.
Ok for a meet up and get everyone talking.
leave or e-mail me some contact numbers, I will give you a bell.
Stu

1 - 20 of 22 Posts