Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking on the web today and noticed Benelli Uk importers have changed the price of a 903 tre from £5995 OTR to £5995 + £200 OTR and £6295 + £200 OTR if you want it in the best colour (green & silver:clap: ) these things must be getting popular.:clap: Does any one know how many are in the UK now ?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Just looking on the web today and noticed Benelli Uk importers have changed the price of a 903 tre from £5995 OTR to £5995 + £200 OTR and £6295 + £200 OTR if you want it in the best colour (green & silver:clap: ) these things must be getting popular.:clap: Does any one know how many are in the UK now ?
They have been that price for a few weeks, Ian. I guess they shifted a few at £5995, so thought that was too cheap, and put the price back up.:(

A bit cheeky charging more for the green ones, though. Must be to cover the cost of the first set of replacement lower fairing panels, when the paint comes off.....:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
136 Posts
They have been that price for a few weeks, Ian. I guess they shifted a few at £5995, so thought that was too cheap, and put the price back up.:(

A bit cheeky charging more for the green ones, though. Must be to cover the cost of the first set of replacement lower fairing panels, when the paint comes off.....:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Ian
I think you could be right there!:rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Live to ride...in red

Another 250 sov's for a green one I'm affraid. Looks like the importers are trying to slow up that colour combo. As they are stacked out with the others.:confused:

Thats what I was told anyway?:doh:

I saved a bit and went for an Italian stalion red!
:clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I hope it's to do with my euro travels benelli promo:rolling:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts

That comment about the exchange rate is worth a million lira!
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
885 Posts
I heard that there are very few tornado's left so doubt if they are tring to hold any of them back regardless of colour:)

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
I was told at the weekend that there are about 170 ish Tornado's still available

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
It's true I tell ya. My dealer said £250 extra for green paint:confused: , but in the next breath...it could come off though...:eek: errr, I'll take a RED'UN PLEASE!

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
I was told at the weekend that there are about 170 ish Tornado's still available
When I bought mine there were supposed to be only about 70 left ... but who knows. If that had been the case and judging by the new owners who have popped up on this forum in the last 18 months there would only be a handful left by now. Wish I had bought a red one though!

Still have a 2" square of green paint stuck with a drawing pin onto the notice board in my workshop. Will need to stay there until the Benelli virus is eventually eradicated from my system.

Mike

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY mate!:D
You can't beat the price. A CBR600 costs £1000 more and is as exclusive as a Sainsbury plastic bag after 6 months.;)
A no brainer buying into Italian bikes.
As the song goes tho' There may be trouble ahead. But while there's music and moonlight...:jig:

·
5,931 Posts
..dealer said £250 extra for green paint:confused: , but in the next breath...it could come off though...:eek: errr, I'll take a RED'UN PLEASE!
Underneath the paint, the panels are the same black nylon. Before painting, they get a wash, & that's about it. I've found that the red paint falls off too, just not as quickly as the green.
The only way, it seems, to get paint to adhere to the panel, is to prepare the panel very well. That may just include sand blasting. 400 grit wasn't enough. I've got one in the paint shop at the moment - for the second or third time. We'll see what the painter decides .......

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It's true I tell ya. My dealer said £250 extra for green paint:confused: , but in the next breath...it could come off though...:eek: errr, I'll take a RED'UN PLEASE!
Get the touch up kit of flebay stops it pritty quick:clap:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Tarts nicka's

Get the touch up kit of flebay stops it pritty quick:clap:
I'll keep an eye out for it when it starts, I will ready with me brush.:rolleyes:
Is it stone chips that start it off or does it fall off faster than a tarts nickers anyway?
:D

·
5,931 Posts
Is it stone chips that start it off or does it fall off faster than a tarts nickers anyway?
If/when the panel flexes, the paint doesn't move with it, 'cos it's not that well bound, chemically or mechanically. It's held in place largely by atmospheric pressure. Once it cracks, & lets air in, the game is over.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Flexy

If the dealers know its going to happen, why are they not spraying them before they sell them?? It's only the lower fairing isn't it????:confused:

If it's on here then people can see a problem.

Not that I'm too bothered as they will repaint it IF its inside the warranty. Am I correct on this one?:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts