Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the Benelli community and just bought a TRK502 2 months ago.

What a machine! So underated. I purchased from Motorbikes4all in Malvern in the UK and I have just booked it in for it's first inspection at 600 miles. Can't wait to get that clean oil into that engine.

I have been riding for 30 years, had a 10 year rest then back last year with a Ducati Scrambler and now this as the Scrambler was very harsh on the suspension. The TRK is such a well specced bike and such a great engine. Really shocked at how great it is. For the cost it has to be the best in the class at the moment. Brilliant suspension, enough power, incredible spec, great Italian looks, BIG and has a massive street presence. Awesome bike.

How is everybody else finding the weight?

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,448 Posts
Best selling bike in Italy I believe. Congrats on your new ‘nelli

fred

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any trk owners north west way
Hi there, in the Stockport area with a TRK502, 2018 model. Looking to move back to an 1130 very soon (TRK this time, had 2 TNTs in the past plus a coupe of Tornado's) so likely up for sale when the right bike comes along. Have to agree the TRK does all the things you need it to, mine has a Jetprime unit to help with the midrange as I used to have an aftermarket Akro pipe but too old for the noise now so went back to stock and feels better with the unit set on half way. With a slight gearing change, 1 tooth up at the front, it will cruise happily all day on the motorway without the vibes getting in the way, bit revvy stock for me coming from bigger bikes, it was bought as commuter bike before COVID and not used much since. MPG is refreshing though, never seems to need fuel!

Chinese fittings do let the bike down in places but the odd Stainless bolt here and its an easy fix. Suspension works 2 up and luggage filled up as mine has the Givi Monokey pannier racks and top box plate, only small side cases as not a fan of being as wide as a car and still inside the bar width to help with filtering, There are after market clear fairing extensions essentially the same as the stock units but bigger which make a difference in the rain and the addition of heated grips makes it toasty in cold and wet conditions. Just don't go for the tall touring screen, they are too high at speed, the stock one is perfect for me at 5, 11 ish. Updated to the later mirror design which helps, cheap enough online.

Great bike with the looks to match for me, given I have never really been an adventure bike fan. I can see why this has been a global best seller for the new owners and keeps its Italian design heritage, but only just in places.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined the Benelli community and just bought a TRK502 2 months ago.

What a machine! So underated. I purchased from Motorbikes4all in Malvern in the UK and I have just booked it in for it's first inspection at 600 miles. Can't wait to get that clean oil into that engine.

I have been riding for 30 years, had a 10 year rest then back last year with a Ducati Scrambler and now this as the Scrambler was very harsh on the suspension. The TRK is such a well specced bike and such a great engine. Really shocked at how great it is. For the cost it has to be the best in the class at the moment. Brilliant suspension, enough power, incredible spec, great Italian looks, BIG and has a massive street presence. Awesome bike.

How is everybody else finding the weight?
Hi Fox, I got one of these on Monday. As quite a few people are finding out after a test ride it’s a very underestimated bike and you get a lot of bike for your money.
Just a quick question, have you noticed vibration through the handlebars and foot pegs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked at the bikes at motorcycles4all, but ended up getting mine from my local dealer QB bikes near Dudley.
I ride a large tourer and a commuter scooter, so this was ideal as a mid sized tourer for all round riding. I've had it since May and so far I'm very pleased with it. 😎
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Back to biking after a long 12 years with the TRK502, had the best summer with some great rides including a week on the NC500. The bike is really good, very comfortable riding position, plenty of power for quick overtaking and so good on fuel. I ride with a pal on GS 1150 and can comfortably keep pace. I love it and highly recommend it...just wish I hadn't waited so long

·
Registered
8 Posts
wow sounds great
Hi I've got a trk 502 in white love the bike when it's not in moto gb Cardiff been there for 5 weeks now waiting for a thermostat as mine got hot red light on and engine management light on as well moto gb says there are no parts in the country for these bikes and don't know when they'll be in stock
As I said the bike fine when running BUT becarefull if anything goes wrong as they can't get parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I've got a trk 502 in white love the bike when it's not in moto gb Cardiff been there for 5 weeks now waiting for a thermostat as mine got hot red light on and engine management light on as well moto gb says there are no parts in the country for these bikes and don't know when they'll be in stock
As I said the bike fine when running BUT becarefull if anything goes wrong as they can't get parts
Yeah I can second that, the bike is great but I too am waiting for a part, a drive sprocket oil seal from MotoGb, their customer service at Chorley is not good

·
Registered
99 Posts
SSR in the USA has fully stocked their warehouses before they took delivery of the new models. They have every part for the bike in-stock. No ordering from China, everything is already in California. I've ordered several parts for my Leoncino to replace bits that I've damaged off-road, and everything was in-stock and shipped to my dealer within a week or two. (Usually it's a week, but shipping is taking longer and longer these days). I got a stator cover, stator cover gasket, exhaust heat shield, rear brake pedal, and two exhaust crush ring gaskets and nothing was out of stock. (Crush rings because I have a titanium header waiting to go on).

Parts availability is not Benelli's fault, its your local importer's fault.

Charles.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
SSR in the USA has fully stocked their warehouses before they took delivery of the new models. They have every part for the bike in-stock. No ordering from China, everything is already in California. I've ordered several parts for my Leoncino to replace bits that I've damaged off-road, and everything was in-stock and shipped to my dealer within a week or two. (Usually it's a week, but shipping is taking longer and longer these days). I got a stator cover, stator cover gasket, exhaust heat shield, rear brake pedal, and two exhaust crush ring gaskets and nothing was out of stock. (Crush rings because I have a titanium header waiting to go on).

Parts availability is not Benelli's fault, its your local importer's fault.

Charles.
This is a replay of the problems the Benelli name always has had, the bikes are good , the service from dealers and distributors is not. If a bike under warranty breaks down, bloody fix it. No excuses , supply and fit the failed part and give the buyer his bike back , fully sorted.
Massive manufacturer now, full back up , and yet you can not get a bloody thermostat replacement , get real.
I think the Chinese take over is a backword step , not progress. Or is it the distributor ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have no problem getting parts in the USA, so it seems to me that it's the distributor/importer that's at fault. I'm not sure if there is a single distributor for all of Europe or if there are multiple, but obviously they don't have a warehouse full of parts like the US distributor does.

Charles.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
It’s a real shame that basic items aren’t held in stock for these bike ! … and as for not having a driveshaft oil seal that’s stupid things like that are commonplace in bearing supples stockists . Couldn’t they just ring up a store and buy one ? I would if I were at that dealership

1 - 20 of 24 Posts