Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lo All

Well, in the end and after reading various replies to my 1st thread, I decided to go with the Mich 2ct's. Must say, just on the short journey home what a difference the 'Nelli' feels shod with new rubber. Not sure if it's the tyres mind you ..... or the difference in weight on my wallet ! LOL ! :rolling: .... £260 big one's fitted !

I know I could get them a little cheaper by travelling but this is a local motorcycle shop ( D&R's in Hereford ) & I have known the owner for a long time. Any problems I just pop back .... otherwise means travelling back to wherever ... sure you lot get the gist. :D

Question to you all now is tyre pressure : They have put 36 front / 42 Rear . Bike felt really nice with these set up but my old pressures where : 36 front / 33 rear with the Dunlops supplied with the bike.

I'm no light weight ( 15 st ) so I spose I must take this into account over someone who is 11 st !

What do you suggest ... leave it or change it ?:rolleyes: I have re phoned the bike shop & they repeated the same pressures.

Thanks all in advance :clap:

Mark from Hereford

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Question to you all now is tyre pressure : They have put 36 front / 42 Rear . Bike felt really nice with these set up but my old pressures where : 36 front / 33 rear with the Dunlops supplied with the bike.

Mark from Hereford
Hi Mark,
On my Tornado I've got Dunlops and the garage who fitted them put 36 Front & 42 Rear ! I'm no expert but 33 rear sounds way too low. :doh:

Rob

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Rob

Looked on the Tornado workshop & it comes out at 2.5 bar = 36.7 psi approx.

Looks although my bike was a tad under recommended by Benelli, however, still interesting your tyre people say 42 & so do mine ? Not sure where I got 33 from but think it has been this pressure for nearly 12 mnths riding ... Doh!:doh:

Anyone else shed some light ......:confused:

·
1,841 Posts
Benelli manual states 2.5 bar front and rear (36.25 psi), but Michelin recommend 2.5 bar front and 2.9 bar rear (42 psi) for pilot powers on the Tornado, so the pressures you have are correct in my opinion.:)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The Benelli manual states 2.5 bar front and rear, so 36 psi, but most Jap superbikes state 36 front, 42 rear, so bike shops generally stick with that. However, I think that is to cover 2 up riding, but, without a pillion, 36 in the rear is O.K. Maybe Benelli thought that nobody would want to take a pillion?:rolling: For a definitive answer, though, I guess it's best to check with the tyre manufacturers, as Benelli figures would only be for O.E. tyres, and it can vary from one tyre manufacturer to another, because of different tyre construction.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Mark, i come from hereford and used to use D+R all the time as they always seemed helpful. Are they still in Bastion Mews? cant help on the tyre pressures as just changed mine and forgot to ask what he set em at sorry :doh: Hoping to have a ride up to see mum soon so mebbe have a pint.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Steve

Yep .... still in the 'mews'.! Derek runs it now with a new lad ( although Derek is still the owner ) so if you have used them you know why I go to them and NOT the Motor cycle centre ( which has now moved from the main roundabout !!! )

Send a PM re your next visit to the 'Shires' .... be nice to meet another 'Nelli' owner.

Cheers Bud
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts