Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Everyone,
I am new to this site. I have bought a Benelli Tornado RS 2004 model. I live in Melbourne Australia.

I am really a 2 stroke nut with 7 of them here of my own. The Benelli is something different and the price was right and its the only 4 stroke i have owned in the last 15 years !

Anyway a couple of questions:

1) Is there any type of exhaust restricter in the standard exhaust. I think i remember reading something but have not been able to find it since.

2) Who in Melbourne can i get Benelli spare parts from. Nobody seems to want to know about them. I just want a 15T front sprocket. I can do all the work myself i just need parts.

I am currently doing a full service on mine including valve clearances as it has just over 6000klm on it.

I have owned it for about 4 weeks. Done some wiring and dash mods. Will post more once i get it back together in the next week hopefully.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
exhaust

if its the stock brown item you have no removable restrictor, get the Benelli sport Branded arrow made ti skinned job from Johnno O, or Benelli Oz tech manager. I'm sure he can arrange for your nearest Benelli agent to get it for you. This has a insert you remove, as i did.:rollin

Benello Oz only landed 8 RS's, There one one on bikepoint or bikesales at the moment, plus yours, plus mine, just gotta locate the other 5:D

Where did you get the RS from??

Eugenia (Errol) on the list has made up a solution to the resetting clock trip issue.
Good to see another Aussie on board.
Ps I'm over in Perth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: exhaust

Thanks for the reply.
I have the stock brown muffler. Might give Benelli Aus another email soon regarding the optional muffler. I emailed them before to find a dealer but got no reply. Currently waiting on news from a dealer friend in Italy to get back to me on one but he is having a little trouble.

I am pretty sure i have solved the resetting issue with my dash as i spent a few hours with it at work last week. Will just need to put the bike back together after i have finished doing the valves to road test.

I bought mine here in Vic through an urgent private sale. I am not really into 4 strokes but the Tornado or the MV Agusta SP are worth having if you want something special.

I noticed the front suspension feels very harsh when riding and you can feel all the bumps quite bad. Not sure if anyone has done any small front end mods. My front end is stock and even with full spring preload it seems to be sitting very deep in its stroke. Maybe it could do with some stiffer springs to reduce sag to around 25mm or so and improve the fork operation. Once i get it back on the road i may have a play with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Mrrgv,

I put a LeoVince SBK Carbon on my Tre. I have the Arrow Stock can in my garage here in the States. If you want one, I might be able to get it to you for a better value than from a dealer.

E-mail me an offer: [email protected]

-BULL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks Bull but my standard Arrow is fine. I just want to upgrade to the optional Benelli sport muffler. If i cannot get one then i may go for a Leo Vince Ti one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts