Benelli Forum banner

Newbie forum member...........

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  keeft_trek 
#1 ·
Hi to everyone, apart from being new to the forum I'm also new to Benelli's. In fact I'm so new I don't even have a Benelli yet.......but come March I should be the proud owner of a 2007 Tre-k :D

I'm getting the Tre-k through Eastern Cycle in Beverly MA. Long term Italian bike guys who currently offer Ducati and MV. I got my first chance to actually see & touch 3 2007 TNT's at the recent Boston MA bike show, and was impressed by build quality and finish, so I hope that will continue to the Tre-k as well as reliability!

One question I do have for the TNT owners is swingarm spools for rear stand, is the swingarm pre-drilled?

Cheers,

Keith

#4 ·
Welcome!

:p

:hiya: Keith and welcome to the forum. You will find everyone here helpful, funny, weird and downright bonker's!:rolling:

Congratulations on the news that you are getting the new TREK. I think it will sell very well here in the UK judging by the amount of interest it received at a recent bike show I went to. My partner likes it too, so it must be good as normally she just goes for colour!:doh:

#5 ·
2007 Tre-K

Thanks to all for the interest/support. I have ordererd the "std" most commonly seen silver/black with red frame. If the factory would build the green with a red frame that would be my dream, I did ask the team at www.benelli-america.com if that was possible, but even though its a simple production issue its not something they are going to do for one person, even if I am, potentially, the first person in the US to get one.

Price, well the list is $14,599 plus shipping and dealer prep. I assume, being the fiurst US guinnea-pig I will get to pay the full-monty :-( but thats not really an issue, having something thats not a typical Japanse crotch-rocket is!!!

Am I excited, YES :ele: Its my first new bike in 14 years, and my second Italian-stallion. My last Italian was an Aprilia 650 Pegaso, I know its not a road burner, but I really loved it, and moved to it after a Kawasaki GPZ 900 Ninja without regret.

Today I ride a beautiful, almost new looking, Honda V65 Magna of 1983 vintage. A wondeful old muscle bike, but in need of respect!! due to her handling, weight and age, but still a torque monster and a comfy cruiser!!

On top of her is my wifes 1982 Honda CM450 Custom, a 1974 Suzuki GT750 water-bottle and a 1981 Honda C70 Passport. With the Benelli my basement will be FULL!!!!

Keith

Delivery

#7 ·
Age..............

Well Lloyd, lets put it this way, when I was in 5th year the Suzuki GT750 was the dogs bollox, then when I was half way through college I bought my first real & new bike, a 1978 Kawasaki Z650.

Old fart I may be, but after 30years of riding Its still the best fun you can have without going blind :p

There should be enough clues to my age in that little lot, well for Brits anyway :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.