Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just got an 06 Tornado Tre, my first Benelli.

Took it out for a 150mile run around North Wales, avoiding the 'Arrive Alive' van (I hope). Found out many things about it. Very pleased with its performance especially ability to pull from low revs. All in all ended day with huge grin :)

My problems were predictable, being 6' 2":
1. Mirrors are useless! can't adjust enough ... does anyone have any fixes?
2. Screen is non-existant and need a raised version ... any suggestions?
3. Gear lever could do with lengthening (big feet LOL) ... any advice re alterations / rearsets?

Regards,
Bob

·
5,928 Posts
My problems ..
1. Mirrors are useless! can't adjust enough ... does anyone have any fixes?
2. Screen is non-existant and need a raised version ... any suggestions?
3. Gear lever could do with lengthening (big feet LOL) ... any advice re alterations / rearsets?
Hey Bob, welcome to the brotherhood.
1. I've got a fix for your mirrors. Check out my website. You'll find heaps of other useful stuff as well, some of which gleaned from the forum over the years.

2. Some have changed to a double bubble screen.

3. Laurence organised some Robbi Motto rearsets some time back. I took him up on the offer 'cos the bracket on my OEM's had broken. The RM's are adjustable in length, so would probably work for you.

Cheers
Errol

·
463 Posts
Hi Bob, where abouts are you from, im in Little Neston , still waiting to get my TNT back from KJM, welcome to the forum.

·
1,231 Posts
Welcome

Greetings and salutations Bob,

You have now joined the most elite group in the world. Okay, we are a really a bit rough around the edges but a great group of lads in here. Most things you will encounter someone on here will have experienced. Did you get the 900 or the 1130?

John

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
A warm welcome from a fellow newbie...:)

Oooo... Just noticed my member status has gone up from "Junior Member" to "Member". ;)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Bob, welcome to the brotherhood.
1. I've got a fix for your mirrors. Check out my website. You'll find heaps of other useful stuff as well, some of which gleaned from the forum over the years.

2. Some have changed to a double bubble screen.

3. Laurence organised some Robbi Motto rearsets some time back. I took him up on the offer 'cos the bracket on my OEM's had broken. The RM's are adjustable in length, so would probably work for you.

Cheers
Errol
Errol,

thanks I'll have a look at those fixes.
Had a quick look at your mirror page, looks quite involved. I'll study it properly tomorrow.

Any knowledge about double bubble screens? What and where to get them in the UK.

I'd heard about the Robbi rearsets from Russ at Bennetts. Are they my best option (£300)?

Bob

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Bob, where abouts are you from, im in Little Neston , still waiting to get my TNT back from KJM, welcome to the forum.
Hector,

I'm in Pensby, just 5 mile away LOL

John, mine is a 900 Tre

Bob

·
5,928 Posts
Any knowledge about double bubble screens?
I'd heard about the Robby rearsets from Russ at Bennetts. Are they my best option (£300)?
I think Tax has a double bubble screen, but we're both in Oz, so not a lot of use to you. I believe it is a standard Benelli accessory though.

The RM Sport rearsets worked fine for me, although, I should have gone for the SBK model, 'cos my boot gets caught up on the peg height adjuster boss.

cheers
Errol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Bob!
Welcome to the forum - I'm a newbie too and enjoying interacting
with other owners.

Owning a 'Nellie' would otherwise be a lonely experience.

Can empathise with the height problem; I'm close to 6' 5" but generally find the 'Tre' comfortable to ride -except when making tight turns in town.

As to the mirrors: I've never spent so much time admiring my own armpits.

Literally just got in from a ride and at dusk I really did have Mr.Plod following me!
He was on a 'Pan European' and the view in my mirrors was so poor that I waved him past (Whilst pointing at the outside mirror!).

A taller or DB screen would help - My size 12s seem to cope fine with the rearsets (I assume the RS and standard 'Tre' have the same ones!?).

Good luck with your new bike and with setting it up to suit you.

Best Wishes
Stephen

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hector,

I'm in Pensby, just 5 mile away LOL

John, mine is a 900 Tre

Bob
Welcome Bob,
I`m 245.2 miles away according to route finder.
Enjoy your Nelli and remember that it`s NOT a bland Honda that will start without fail everytime!!! Quirky sometimes but one hell of a ride:clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Bob,
I`m 245.2 miles away according to route finder.
Enjoy your Nelli and remember that it`s NOT a bland Honda that will start without fail everytime!!! Quirky sometimes but one hell of a ride:clap: :clap:
Tiz ok Dave. I have a couple of Laverda's (SFC1000 + Formula 650) so understand nature of the Italian beasts. Most impressed that, starting the Tre was purely a matter of pressing start button!!! :-O With the SFC there is an almost religeous routine reqired to make her go... but... have followed the rules she will always start 1st time :)

Regards, Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts