Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all !
I just bought trek 899.
It is first in Finland with smaller engine.
Does anyone else yet have similar ?
It is so fantastic to ride compared to my earlier bike Yamaha YZF 600R.

Sorry for my English !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I have 500km behind .
Seat is very hard but comfier seat will come to me later from the dealer.

Fuel map will be altered to better later on summer because of EURO3.
It does not start properly when cold and below 4500 rpm it feels like a captured wild beast.

It havent got a slippery clutch as in big brother.

Those are the only bad issues I can say from it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
2009 model

I would be interested to see how they have spent their money from china, in regards to design development.
I would have thought that they would invest a bit in the ECU fuelling of the new models, and a few little mechanical issues that are of the standard complaints about.

Sounds like things are on the way foward

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Johannes and congratulations on your new purchase.
Oh, and don't worry about your English......you want to hear my Finnish :doh:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Mieluinen jotta foorumi Johannes,
Ei kaivata jotta appologise ajaksi sinun Englannin kieli , se on hienosti joten ajaa ei murheissaan jokseenkin että. Ilahduttava jotta kuulla että te aari iloita sinun veres pyöräillä. I'm totta kai te jälkisäädös olla erittäin iloinen avulla sinun hankkia. Kin , ajaa ei erottaa kuka tahansa että I-KIRJAIN käytetty by online kielenkääntäjä kudos jotta haastaa jotta te kotona sinun kotimainen iltti , I-KIRJAIN haluta jotta leima heidät :rolling:

Al;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
^ Some parts of that are nearly understandable. :doh:

Terve, taisit tuolla orgissa jo kommentoida astiaa. Olen täällä jonkun aikaa pyörinyt, tuossa hieman alemmassa ketjussa olen tuota isompaa Rekkiä pohtinut jonnin verran.
Ravistaako se alakierroksilla vai mitä meinasit tuossa? Miten kylmässä se ei tahdo käynnistyä?

Just asking him what he meant with the wild beast stuff and how cold is too cold... Seen him on a Finnish forum earlier.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Now I have 500km behind .
Seat is very hard but comfier seat will come to me later from the dealer.

Fuel map will be altered to better later on summer because of EURO3.
It does not start properly when cold and below 4500 rpm it feels like a captured wild beast.

It havent got a slippery clutch as in big brother.

Those are the only bad issues I can say from it.
welcome and enjoy the ride but the trek1130 does not have a slippery clutch either ,i am looking at getting one fitted .

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Hi m8 welcome to the forum

All tnt's/ trek's and probably tornado's react badly at low speed on constant revs which is a by-product of euro emmisions laws

I find snicking it up a gear helps to settle the bike, remember theres low down torque in these engines and you dont need it revving its ass off like your yamaha

Have fun m8 its a great bike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joo mä se olin siel orgissakin.
Kierroksia nostaessa hiljalleen niin havaittavissa pientä vaeltelua alakierroksilla
tämä huomaa vaihde vapaalla ei niinkään ajossa.
Kiihdyttäessä kun kierrokset nousee yli 4500 niin pakoääni muuttuu ja voiman tunne on kovempi.
En ole huomannut ravistamista.
Voimaa tässä pienemmässäkin on mielestäni aivan tarpeeksi.

When outside temperarure is around 10 in celsius and the engine is cold it usually needs 3-6 attempts to start up.
Importer said that with new fuel map it should be fixed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome johannes, I too am a true brit that speaks but 1 language (BIKES):rolling:

Keep on Trekin and welcome to club

Live long and prosper

·
Registered
123 Posts
When outside temperarure is around 10 in celsius and the engine is cold it usually needs 3-6 attempts to start up.
Importer said that with new fuel map it should be fixed.
It might get better with a new fuel map, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
That's a feature rather than a fault with all these Pesaro Triples. They've been made in the Mediterranean, so they work best in those temperatures. ;)
I've noticed that anywhere below 15 or so C they are a bit reluctant to fire up, a bit like Aprilia twins, but when the temperature rises around 22 or above, they are more than eager to please the rider, and often fire up right away. :)
They indeed might want a second try when starting in a cold weather, as does my 900cc Tornado, at least when you use the starter in short bursts, as instructed. You'll get used to that, and I for one always use the starter for no more than 2 or 3 of seconds each time, and don't mind the second attempt, after which it usually always fires up. No such problem with a warm engine.

Then again, these bikes, even the 900cc ones, are closer to twins than i4's in that respect (and some others, too), they want a battery that is always in a good nick. Keep checking your battery once in a while and you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
when the temperature rises around 22 or above, they are more than eager to please the rider, and often fire up right away. :)
:doh: There are actually a few days that warm every summer here in Finland! But more often it's below 10 C even in the summer. Often coupled with rain. :(
In April and October nearly all rides are in 5-10 C weather. And those are the warmer days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts