Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say Hi, I've just bought my first Benelli:D and hope to contribute to this site, I will more than likely be pestering you chaps for info on the bike etc..

Tre 900 in Red.. 54 plate 2000 miles..

Been riding bikes a while to say the least, always had Jap sports bikes and just fancied a change.:clap:

How do I get onto the Gallery?? it appears to not be working!

Si thee Binner

·
Registered
137 Posts
Binner
Welcome aboard the good ship 'Benelli' and hope you don't live up to your name...It could be expensive!

Never a dull moment on this site - Dull people don't buy Benellis' (well OK I did).

As to the Gallery :doh: :bawl: :confused: and :bawl: - It has never worked in my time on the site and there are numerous threads on the topic.

Hope the bike brings you plenty of pleasure and would you believe: The red ones are faster!
(Wait for the response!).

Regards
Stephen

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Welcome Binner, hope you enjoy your Nelli as much as we do, everyone on here are great (except Al he's the mad scotsman!! only joking mate):ele:

For servicing and all other things nelli wise get in touch with the Mighty Russ (Bennetts @ Barnsley) he can sort most things out:bow:

Look forward to a meet once the temp goes up (went out Sunday f##kin freezing):doh:

·
1,231 Posts
Gallery

There are some fantastic pics in the gallery!!! I have been a Nelli owner for years and a regular contributor to the site. It went down a few months ago and I am not sure when it will be sorted......Anyone????

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
Welcome Binner, Im also fairly new to this site but I cant get enough of it. Excuse my ignorance but what does 54 plate mean.
By the way Red ones really are faster, its scientifiic fact, and red ones with yellow tacho's are virtually unbeatable
Sean:clap:

·
Registered
380 Posts
The age identifiers are as follows :

Year March September
2001 51
2002 02 52
2003 03 53
2004 04 54
2005 05 55
2006 06 56
2007 07 57
2008 08 58
2009 09 59
2010 10 60
2011 11 61

Registration Formats - The Current System
This new registration format is possibly the most confusing thing... ever
Here is an attempt to shed some light on the little yellow and white things stuck to your car :

The plate has 7 characters in 3 parts, each with a different meaning

The first two letters show where the vehicle was registered, the local memory tag.
The two numbers indicate the age of the vehicle, the age identifier.
The last three letters give a unique identity to a vehicle, the random letters.

Local Memory Tag

The first two characters are the "Local Memory Tag"

AB51 DVL

The first character (A) refers to a region, the second (B) refers to the local DVLA office

In the example the plate shows the car was first registered in Anglia at the Peterborough DVLA office.

Age Identifiers

AB51 DVL

Age identifiers will continue to change twice yearly in March and September.

So a 54 plate is post September 2004 till Feburary 2005

Photo of a 53 classy motor.......lol

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Welcome Binner.

I'll probs meet you at Squires Café (Sherburn-In-Elmet), Whitby, Scarborough, Devil's Bridge, Helmsley, Hardside (allways there), or somewhere, when the weathers better.

AND, the truth is that the GREEN & SILVER one's are faster, it's been proved many times and is a scientific fact.
Sorry, but it's true. :D

Now a Ducati is faster in RED.

Suzuki - BLUE & WHITE.

Kawasaki - Glow-In-The-Dark GREEN. etc. etc.

:ele: YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENCE. :ele:​

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Oh - and black and silver get you on TV the most

(Did I mention that I am the star of the Bennetts Bike Insurance TV adverts !???)

:doh: Groan !!! :doh:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Oh - and black and silver get you on TV the most

(Did I mention that I am the star of the Bennetts Bike Insurance TV adverts !???)

:doh: Groan !!! :doh:
Oh yes, tis another true Benelli fact. View attachment 293

·
Registered
93 Posts
Didn't know about your TV fame Kurt, would have asked for an autograph when I collected the crash bungs! :rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Didn't know about your TV fame Kurt, would have asked for an autograph when I collected the crash bungs! :rolling:
Oh please- NO photographs or autographs - Its bad enough with the papparazzi following me everywhere !!! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :doh:

hahahahaa

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Greetings and welcome aboard matey (sounded like bloody Cap'n Birdseye there for a sec ..... jeez I could just go a fish finger sarnie now:D ). First things first Binner, don't listen to Pops (aka ExJapSteve) about me. It's all a lie.:D Secondly, don't listen to a word I say:D

I would write more but I'm gonna go an have a dig through the freezer for something fishy;)

Keep it shiney side up and rubber side down and stay on the black stuff and remember that anal sex will ALWAYS hurt the first time you try it:eek: ;)

Al :p (Not hurting anymore:clap: )

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
Jurek Thanks for the explanation re the plates, seems like a very large plate required to get all that info on it. Are you guys over there required to have large plates like that on all your bikes. We have small plates with 2 letters and three numbers and I dont think they have any meaning other than a unique number for each vehicle.
Sean

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi Sean
not only the size but the font and size of letters. It can be measured by our finest.and a ticket issues (fixed penalty).....In the UK the fuzz uses number plate recognition cameras so the plate has to be clearly visible over 60 feet away...
Cameras are used for speed tickets and jumping red lights, and checking if road fund license is paid.
The numbers are so large as we have millions of cars on our roads, most house holds have 2 or more, we have 6 cars and 4 bikes, thats for 2 adults and a big mouth.... :)beat: daughter)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome Binner.

I'll probs meet you at Squires Café (Sherburn-In-Elmet), Whitby, Scarborough, Devil's Bridge, Helmsley, Hardside (allways there), or somewhere, when the weathers better.

AND, the truth is that the GREEN & SILVER one's are faster, it's been proved many times and is a scientific fact.
Sorry, but it's true. :D

Now a Ducati is faster in RED.

Suzuki - BLUE & WHITE.

Kawasaki - Glow-In-The-Dark GREEN. etc. etc.

:ele: YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENCE. :ele:​

Hi Binner! I'm new aswell and I bought my Red Nelli Tornado very recently too!

Squires, Whitby Station Cafe, Helmsley square and Scarborough Oasis Cafe are our hang-outs! I'm often there with my bro, my dad and my mates Rob and Jamie. It would be great to see some of you there. I'll watch this space in spring.:clap:

well done Binner.

Dave.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hey Davros - never seen a green and silver Ferrari, I rest my case. Red fastest
Ferrari dare not paint a car in Benelli Green & Silver (must be Benelli Green & Silver). Would be just too fast, even for the Stig.... :D Fastest colour they can go to is Ducati Red. :rolling:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Squires, Whitby Station Cafe, Helmsley square and Scarborough Oasis Cafe are our hang-outs! I'm often there with my bro, my dad and my mates Rob and Jamie. It would be great to see some of you there. I'll watch this space in spring.:clap:

Dave.
Yep. Defo have a meet in the spring (or sooner if the weather allows). :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I think I may just tag on to you lot if there are no objections (just moved to Yorkshire and keft all my biking buddies down in Notts :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts