Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes Ladies & Gentlemen, I have come to the conclusion I am an Ass or better still a complete and utter Numbty ! :doh:

As I mentioned before, I purchased my replacement Tornado:bow: off the dreaded flea.bay, at what I thought was an excellent price, an 03 plate, it wasn't in pristine condition as I would expect for the price I paid, unlike my old 04 plated one I purchased from KJM:bow: which was pretty much Immaculate, so anyway, I expected some little niggles. It had been 'down the road' when it was only weeks or months old, but it had been repaired and sold on, the last owner, who I purchased from, had owned it for the last three years, now this is where it gets interesting, I am not an expert on bikes and trust the people I'm buying from to be up front with me, I purchased my old Daytona 955i from flea.bay and it was a stunner, anyway, I took it for a test run & the only thing that was noticably wrong was how quick the clutch 'bit', which I just naturally thought was down to some adjustment, oh and also a little rattle from the engine, (Are bells ringing in the Experienced Tornado mechanics ears yet :doh: !) which some bikes have anyway......... Don't they ???? Anyway I got it home on the trailer, from Preston to Walsall (Home Sweet Home) late last Saturday, oh by the way did I mention it was about 4.15pm last Saturday I arrived to pick it up, just as it was starting to get dark ! so anyway, the weathers been Shite, but I did manage on my Wednesday day off to take it for a few minutes spin, just locally and decided the rattle was a little worse than I remembered, so I jumped on the Benelli Forum and guess what ! ah, first of all, did I mention I had also purchased the rear swinging arm at a good price from Mark:bow: who runs TimeMachineBikes at an Excellent price as the one fitted to this bike looked totally Crap as it had been sprayed Silver, which we all know hides a multitude of sins, anyway, where was I, oh yes, I searched on the forum and found the nearest fault to my problem with the engine rattle was (Yes I know you've already guessed it, but I still have to say it !) a faulty clutch basket, so it sounds like I'm the basket case, in the meantime I had sent an e.mail to guess who.......... Some say he drinks DOT 4 brake fluid for fun, others say he eats Dunlop rubber as an appertiser, (No not the Stig you daft Twats !)yes you got it, the RussMeister himself, Rusty Russ:bow: , who, I can't believe it but he phoned me earlier today to offer me advice & take the Piss (Only joking about the last bit even though I deserve it) So thanks Russ:bow: , you're the Man ! Anyway, Russ has given me a couple of things to check first then take it from there, worst case scenerio is that it Is the clutch basket problem with a cost of upto £700 ! GULP ! So I've e.mailed the bloke I purchased the bike from to see what he's got to say & see it he'll pay towards the repair of the clutch basket etc, once we find out for certain that is the actual fault, So I'm just waiting for a response from him.

So in~between hating Benelli's, to suicide thoughts, to even contemplating Killing the Tornado with a hammer! (I went into the garage thinking I'd just batter it to death, but one look at the helpless beast sent me week at the knees !) I have now clamed down (nudge, nudge, twitch, twitch ) and I'm thinking positive again (He says followed with an Evil Laugh)

So anyway, firstly Angus (AngleDangle) I bet you are glad you didn't buy it ! And secondly, feel free to take tha Piss, Laugh at me, Call me a Numbty, whatever you feel I deserve, 'cause I Do deserve It ! (oh dear, it's followed by that Evil Laugh Again !)

Thanks for reading "my little Story" (Not to be confused with "My Little Pony" oooops sorry Simon aka Pony !)

I need BEER !

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Re No laughter from here

Sorry to hear your tale Rob and i feel partly responsible seeing as i saw it and gave you a text to say it was still for sale and i know you could say that i didnt know the engine was duff but it still makes me feel bad knowing how you moved heaven and earth to get a Tornado again . Can Russ help with goodwill warranty claim for clutch or if he's unable go through MotoGB and talk to them . I know its not much of a positive but this time of the year if it gets fixed it can at least be done at a timescale to suit. Good Luck and youv'e got my number if i can help.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No worries Angus:bow: , I would have found it even without you telling me about it and I'm well aware of the risks on flea.bay, as I said, I had a Stunning Daytona & Thruxton from flea.bay.

No use dwelling on things, the warranty period has long been and passed, I'm just gonna take it as it comes, Watch this space................. !

SO NOW, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE THE PISS AND CHEER ME UP !

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
SO NOW, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE THE PISS AND CHEER ME UP !
Now, now Rob. You know quite well that we NEVER laugh at fellow Nelli owners little problems.. :rolling: I think you are over exaggerating the size of your 'problem' as many men do. Anyway, I'm sure when Russ gets his cold oily hands on your little problem it will soon become a tiny one. :D

Hope it all works out OK for ya mate.... :)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Rob just a note to say that my previous Tornado on an 03 was put through a goodwill Clutch basket replacement claim plus clock replacement all through russ and my bike was an 03 too and this claim was made during mid 2008 so theres always hope . Anyway if all else fails i'm prepared to start the " Save Rob's Tornado Fund " and i have a tenner here waiting to be pushed in a collection tin;) . Keep us all up to speed on this one. ps read the PM i've sent as it may be of use.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
1,231 Posts
Clutch

Just an idea. I may be able to save some cash for you...get a parts list that you need and call a dealer in USA. He can send them to me. I can in turn send them as a "gift" to you. Should save on parts and shipping. If not, I can bring them when I come in May.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hmm

A rattly clutch eh? On the happy side of things, if you got the bike for a low price then its fair enough-it's not the worst thing that could be wrong with it :)

Theres no real bigger risks buying a bike on ebay than there is from any private seller-unless you decide to buy the bike unseen, which is a bit of a silly thing to do in any situation and on any bike. Theres no way to be certain the seller knew there was anything wrong with the clutch.

There is legislation that provides for private sales-in that the seller must make known to the buyer anything he is aware of that needs attention, or that has had attention in the last 6 months. Now, its a bit airy really, as unless you have proof he could know the clutch was wrong its irrelevant.

That you didnt know the clutch was iffy when you test rode the bike(you did test ride it didnt you?) implies he may not have known either.

Fwiw a clutch isnt too bad on a bike-you just need the tools and the confidence.

Anyway...thems the joys of bikes :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Rob what is wrong with your swinging arm? reason I'm asking is I missed one on flea bay the other day for a measly 20 odd quid! and was thinking of getting it to mirror polish it (its a wee hobby of mine) and refurb it and could then offer it as an exchange to other owners

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Kiddy, I'm not saying anythings wrong with the old swing arm but it had been painted or sprayed silver/grey and looked rather naff, I got the one off timemachinebikes:bow: on e.bay for a good price and it's in very good condition. Once I've swopped the old one I was thinking of either cleaning it up (Yeah, like I'll have time :doh: !) or just hang it on my garage wall as decoration, Christmas style :rolling: ! Might even try selling it on e.bay, especially now I need funds for my possible clutch repair :bawl:

·
1,231 Posts
Exchange rate

I have always found thing to be cheaper here as the exchange rates have always been favorable. If it works out cheaper I am always up for helping a mate.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well folks, looks like biting the bullet and going for it, I'm taking my bike to the Benelli master himself this Saturday, Rusty Russ:bow: to find out the exact problem with Nelli, I just hope it's not the possible £700 ( $1,572.50531 Australian dollars Or $1,036.91 U.S. dollars (at time of publication) :D ) clutch basket problem, Gulp !:bawl: so if anyones around on Saturday morning pop in, I plan to get there for around opening time at 9am as a little birdie tells me that it's bacon buttie time at 10am, yum yum :rolling:

Damn, do I have to pay for the butties too :doh: !

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
512 Posts
hope you get it sorted buddy...and it doesn't cost the earth!

I'd love to get mine down to Russ over the winter but its a logistical nightmare being so far away, not to mention costly as I'll have to hire a van.

Will see what I get bonus wise this year and then figure out a way of hiding it from the wife and throwing it at Russ.:rolling:

·
president
1,009 Posts
good luck with your nelli rob............hope you have enough money left to buy a mince pie....:rolling: .............thankyou for your 'little story'...........made me well up...........i'd be a willing contributer to the save robs benelli fund................good luck again rob...........and i've always found begging helps:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tornado update !

Well guys, I thought I'd give you an update on my Tornado, the Russ~meister has it at the moment, It was the dreaded Clutch basket problem, which he's done for me, just waiting for the total cost on that :bawl: :bawl: In the meantime he's found that the rear shocker is pretty much fooked ! DARN IT ! I'm past caring now and just biting the bullet and seeing how I can get it sorted without costing an arm & a leg :doh: I know Russ will do his best at the end of the day. So I am looking at my options including having the shocker refurbed at around 100 quid.

Oh yes, and it needs new tyres ! Doh :doh: !

Other than that it's fine ! I think ! on the bright side I'm hoping to negotiate a deal or two for a replacement shocker and a Titanium Exhaust a couple of forum lads possibly have :bow:

So thats my latest Tornado saga..........

And to those guys who have just purchased a Tornado, don't get stressed out by this thread, my tornado is Not a typical one, I bought it cheap and it's been doen the road, so I expected the odd problem, athough not quite this bad ! :eek:

Roll on the Summer !!!!!!! Well some dry days anyway, so I can have a Blast !

A New Black Country Saying ~ "If it's Bosted, Russ and his crew will fix it, they have the technology" :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Now Dont Worry There ROB - You Have My Promise of a Free Titanium for as long as you like , Helpful Forum thats got the best dealer for your small problems and most of all i'll start a whip round (is the coin to be silver or bronze !;) ). See you at the Big Do this year where you will be honourary speaker about how you battered a previous owner of a tornado for outright lying when selling you your current bike !.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts