Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out in Salt Lake City, Utah and the closest Benelli dealer is out in California, or Arizona..... I really like some of the Benelli bikes, especially the TnT's and I could probably order one and get one out here, but what about parts and service? Does anyone have a Benelli out there and no dealer close by? If so, is there a way to work around this? I asked the Ducati/Aprilla shop out here how come they weren't selling Benelli's as well? They said they didn't have enough support to be a dealer, whatever that means? Hell, maybe I look into being a dealer!!!! Any advise on this is appreciated.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
The factory service rep that services the US is really good. He will be down at the International Motorcycle show in Phoenix Oct. 25-28. Your local Aprilia and Moto Guzzi dealers are going to have the Axone needed to service the bike, they just need some different adapters. The dealer in Phoenix has one of everything in stock and will have about half of them at the show. He seems to be able to get any parts needed within a week. If you bite and buy one, have the selling dealer check to make sure you have the most updated software and double up on the battery wires before you take delivery.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well...

You are entering into an exclusive club. No one is going to have a Benelli anywhere near you.
You really need to question why a Benelli?
- they are not the most practical
-certainly not the best bang for your dollar

You buy it because you love the look of it and the sound is awesome.

If your an anal-retentive type this is not the bike for you.
My dealer is 2 1/2 hours away so what I would accept with my TNT I wouldn't accept with a Jap bike. example I have the slight oil weeping from the oil sender as well as a small coolant leak that others have reported. For me it's not worth taking the bike for the 5 hour round trip. Also the body panel for the right side rad broke a mounting tab. Zip tied it and it is perfect.
If these problems were on any other bike I would be all over the dealer.

There is a price to pay for exclusivity and it's not only measured in $$,
In a city of 1 million I have the only Benelli.
I love the look of it and the way it sounds when I really get on it always makes me smile any for me that's what it is all about.

For what I paid for the TNT I could of gotten two R1's, one for the road and one for the track, but then I would be just like everyone else.lol

Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
re

All,
it so happens that i am really good friends with the national manager for Benelli US. I get everything for cost and get all of the indside story.
If anyone needs anything let me know.
thanks
J

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The factory service rep that services the US is really good. He will be down at the International Motorcycle show in Phoenix Oct. 25-28. Your local Aprilia and Moto Guzzi dealers are going to have the Axone needed to service the bike, they just need some different adapters. The dealer in Phoenix has one of everything in stock and will have about half of them at the show. He seems to be able to get any parts needed within a week. If you bite and buy one, have the selling dealer check to make sure you have the most updated software and double up on the battery wires before you take delivery.
Would the local Aprilla dealer be able to do warranty work as well through Benelli? I'm guessing the bikes have at least 1 year warranties..... Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Would the local Aprilla dealer be able to do warranty work as well through Benelli? I'm guessing the bikes have at least 1 year warranties..... Thanks!
2 year warranty and it would depend on if the dealer was willing to go through the hassle of getting authorization each time it was needed. You could probably get your own franchise for the cost of an Axone. The Axone is much less expensive to buy through Benelli than it is Aprilia/Guzzi. If the bike is set up well you may well not need to utilize the warranty anyway. Call Jim at Ton Up in Phoenix and see what he has to say about options for service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts