Benelli Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That would be the best option if they're plug and play. Let's know the part number if they are correct

·
Registered
823 Posts
Will do.

They are in the breakers, used injectors from Nissan Murano/350Z. Bosch ev14 ES.

You want to be careful, very careful, These injectors have various flow rates, they have to have similar flow rates to the standard Benelli requirement , most are way to rich .
A 3500 cc capacity engine will require around 550 to 680 cc delivery. A 3 cylinder 1130 cc will require max 320 cc.
The thought of using a set of used injectors out of a breaker car of dubious miles , seems like a sure way of buggering your bike .

·
Registered
90 Posts
You want to be careful, very careful, These injectors have various flow rates, they have to have similar flow rates to the standard Benelli requirement , most are way to rich .
A 3500 cc capacity engine will require around 550 to 680 cc delivery. A 3 cylinder 1130 cc will require max 320 cc.
The thought of using a set of used injectors out of a breaker car of dubious miles , seems like a sure way of buggering your bike .
Would the flow rates be similar (or the same) on the 900 Tre vs the 1130?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
They only have a 4 spray nozzle same as the original. The ones I got as per Errols part number have 12 so should be a better bet. They are from injector planet. Freight to here,(New Zealand) was not bad at all, just took a little time

·
5,801 Posts
The flow rate required depends very much on the power output, so if a 1 litre single produces the same power as a half litre single, the injector flow rate will also be similar. There are other considerations, but that is major one.

Easy to get them tested. Here in Oz I use ASNU.
I had the injectors I recently purchased tested and they matched the originals almost perfectly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
They only have a 4 spray nozzle same as the original. The ones I got as per Errols part number have 12 so should be a better bet. They are from injector planet. Freight to here,(New Zealand) was not bad at all, just took a little time

Have you had time to test them yet?

·
1,228 Posts
Options

Have you tried the standard culprits, like coil sticks? Did the injectors work? Were you getting spark when you checked them all?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Haven't fired up with tank fitted as yet, waiting for a quick release fitting for fuel line. Have spark, and injectors pulse in the starting sequence so ever hopeful.
Been too busy with work, a couple of track days and working on house.
One thing that did occur was that I had no spark at all until I connected the air box sensor fitting and whatever the relay attached to front of the airbox is for. Then good as gold on all three. I haven't tried different sequences for those fittings as yet to see if just one has any influence on the spark.
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Ok have a new quick release fitting for the fuel line from marine shop. New fuel and all fitted up. Wound over, fuel pump making right noises, still no fire up. Spray ether down throttles and started. Won't fire without. So have done all this: new plugs, new pump, new injectors and adapters, new fuel line with quick release. Stumped again. Also have more battery cables, ( yet to be made up and fitted).
I have the tune ecu program and the fitting which also haven't yet tried. Lights on dash are: flashing red on the rev counter and yellow right hand light showing with k? Any thoughts. Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
There's more. Fuel line kinked , managed to straighten it out out and it fired up up for ten seconds then stopped. This happened repeatedly so I think it has a slightly lesser link. Tune ecu is only for a Triumph, need to download the correct map. I need to investigate this. Original fuel line is plastic on the inside obviously to stop it kinking.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Tuneecu covers many makes and models all you need is the correct cable then select ecu type. Those fuel hoses are a pain.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have the cable but have just tried to download the tune ecu on my android device but no go.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I made the fuel lines like this, 65mm of tube from the injector rail, then 90 degree CPC connector, and 95mm of tube to the tank connector. Does not kink, and forms a perfect route for the fuel line without touching anything.

I will take you a pic tonight how its setup.

·
Super Moderator
7,742 Posts
There's more. Fuel line kinked , managed to straighten it out out and it fired up up for ten seconds then stopped. This happened repeatedly so I think it has a slightly lesser link. Tune ecu is only for a Triumph, need to download the correct map. I need to investigate this. Original fuel line is plastic on the inside obviously to stop it kinking.
Once the fuel line has been kinked the plastic liner will have been compressed and it will remain compressed to a degree even if you straighten out the rubber outer fuel line. Your best bet will be to replace the fuel line with a new one.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts