Benelli Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
I second that Laurence. New rubber pipe best option .
Which rubber pipe did you use Rick, and where did you get it from , I fear I may have to make some mods to Little Nell.
I have got a new spare fuel line from the tank to the fuel rail but the tags on the fuel pipe release are getting very iffy now.
The more you pull and struggle , the more strain it puts on the 90 elbow.
I just can not bring myself to cut a brand new fuel line to put in a snap fit fuel line connector.
Those plastic tags may have been ok when the bike was new but now some 15 years later the plastic has hardened and aged .

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Which rubber pipe did you use Rick, and where did you get it from , I fear I may have to make some mods to Little Nell.
I have got a new spare fuel line from the tank to the fuel rail but the tags on the fuel pipe release are getting very iffy now.
The more you pull and struggle , the more strain it puts on the 90 elbow.
I just can not bring myself to cut a brand new fuel line to put in a snap fit fuel line connector.
Those plastic tags may have been ok when the bike was new but now some 15 years later the plastic has hardened and aged .
Hi Pete ,
I bought a metre of fuel line suitable for petrol injection systems from a car parts distribution shop .
Luckily my Trek's tank connection has a few more years to go before I need to panic and find a new method of keeping the fuel from spewing out all over a hot engine ....
I've seen plenty of spares for fuel line couplings but nothing for the tank underneath.
I'll keep looking

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
That would be great. I checked tonight and it is running when I keep the line straight and the tank propped up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
It has new fuel line but been advised to get efi injection line. Meant to be better. That's the next step.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi Pete ,
I bought a metre of fuel line suitable for petrol injection systems from a car parts distribution shop .
Luckily my Trek's tank connection has a few more years to go before I need to panic and find a new method of keeping the fuel from spewing out all over a hot engine ....
I've seen plenty of spares for fuel line couplings but nothing for the tank underneath.
I'll keep looking
Go on , give us a clue ,or even a picture of what you used, I tried your approach, asking for rubber fuel injection hose. Only to be met with , "what vehicle is it for , what s the reg" Have you got part number ?
All I want is a tube to clamp on the tank outlet elbow (jubilee stainless), length of hose to quick release coupling and a length of hose to reconnect to the banjo on the fuel rail. (another jubilee)
I then only have to release the coupling, without disturbing the fuel pump connection, or the fuel rail.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I'll pic it tonight, at work at the moment. I used squeeze type clips I had from various bike parts I have lying around. Banjo or suchlike seem to always get in the way. For quick release definitely try a marine shop. I may go back there tomorrow and check their fuel line supply. They are usually quite robust as they connect to extra tanks that they carry on boats.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Go on , give us a clue ,or even a picture of what you used, I tried your approach, asking for rubber fuel injection hose. Only to be met with , "what vehicle is it for , what s the reg" Have you got part number ?
All I want is a tube to clamp on the tank outlet elbow (jubilee stainless), length of hose to quick release coupling and a length of hose to reconnect to the banjo on the fuel rail. (another jubilee)
I then only have to release the coupling, without disturbing the fuel pump connection, or the fuel rail.
Here we go then..
Used the original end fittings and two suitable fuel pipe clips. Not jubilee type! . 16136757750837723539829771427932.jpg
Rather simple to get hold of in these parts we still have old fashioned hardware stores from the stone age that'll sell stuff by the foot , pound or ounce .😉

·
Registered
828 Posts
Here we go then..
Used the original end fittings and two suitable fuel pipe clips. Not jubilee type! . View attachment 36376
Rather simple to get hold of in these parts we still have old fashioned hardware stores from the stone age that'll sell stuff by the foot , pound or ounce .😉
Either get me a length or sell me your off cut, there is more than I need in your picture !
It must be a language problem here, in South Glos. I only live a mile or so over the border.
I might just as well be in the wilderness. Must be black zone.
Tell me how much to send you !

·
Registered
603 Posts
i Did the same just asked for petrol injection hose and voila even came with clips. Don’t go to Euro car parts they are a waste of space, try any small preferably independent car spares supplier. I broke my elbow under the tank and made one from cunifer brake tubing and a bit of brazing. You can get a longer elbow from China but it took forever to arrive so hence the home made option.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Bought 1m length of injection fuel hose at local parts suppliers for $26.00 NZ. Cheap as.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
So now this is the list: new fuel hose, new fuel filter, new fuel pump, new plugs, new air filter, new injectors, still the same result. Runs for 10-20 seconds, sounds great then starves of fuel and stops. Starts straight away, same again, same again and again etc etc. Help please! Pulled all apart and cleaned everything. Carefully re-assembled and still the same. Changed to the old fuel pump as tested ok and still same result. ANY feedback helpful

·
Registered
603 Posts
Are you sure it is starving of fuel? the stepper can give similar results of just stopping randomly. Could you put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail? Is the pressure regulator part of the pump?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Certainly seems like fuel. Stepper appears to be operating ok. Moving up, down on the ignition.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Certainly seems like fuel. Stepper appears to be operating ok. Moving up, down on the ignition.
Hi , have you tried swapping the fuel pump relay for one of the others just in case it's gone bad ?
Another thought ... How about adding a little throttle while you start the bike and keep it that way until you hopefully get past 10 or 20 seconds.
I'm assuming you've not got an alarm fitted to the bike if so that could be it as well.
There are a set of tests to do at the end of the workshop manual that may shed some light as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Yep tried the throttle bit, ran up the revs good but stilled died. Where is the fuel relay?

61 - 78 of 78 Posts