Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this bike and totally fell in love with it, once I get more experience I will be getting one of these. I wish I had see one first and budgeted to be able to afford one sooner, but I guess I'm out of luck for right now.

I did want to get some feedback...

How reliable are these bikes?
I saw that a bunch of you get re-mapped, what is the reason for this?
Would this be a good bike for someone that has only been riding for about a year or 2?

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
463 Posts
Welcome AJ, I think most of the new bikes are ok and even most of the 04/05 bikes have been sorted under warranty, i think you would be alright on one. They are fast though.I,ve had mine 2 years now and still cant think of anything else to replace it with. The thing with a Benelli is that you buy with your heart not your head.:)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Same here AJ, can`t think of what to replace it with except an 07 EVO if I had the money.
Stunning bike to ride and you`ll always have a stupid grin on your face and larf out loud when riding it:clap: :clap:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing with a Benelli is that you buy with your heart not your head.:)
Thanks, and I agree with the above statement, I'm just still new to bikes and want to make sure that I won't have any major problems, and would like to be able to ride it to work daily w/o problems...

I was curious was the going rate was for these bikes in US dollars is? I want to budget one into my life asap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stunning bike to ride and you`ll always have a stupid grin on your face and larf out loud when riding it:clap: :clap:
I just can't get the picture of it out of my head, except i just keep picturing my fiancee on it, lol.

·
903 Posts
Welcome!

:p

Welcome to the Forum AJ, you will find all on here a very helpfull and will probably answer any questions you might ask.

With regards to the TNT Cafe, I don't think the other half will like being on the back of Cafe as her legs will be under her armpits and there is nothing to grab hold of when you give it a handfull. (This is the view my partner had when she went on the back!) :rolling:

If you need space for a pillion might I suggest the Sport or standard TNT's, otherwise keep the ZZR and by the Cafe racer for yourself!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:p

Welcome to the Forum AJ, you will find all on here a very helpfull and will probably answer any questions you might ask.

With regards to the TNT Cafe, I don't think the other half will like being on the back of Cafe as her legs will be under her armpits and there is nothing to grab hold of when you give it a handfull. (This is the view my partner had when she went on the back!) :rolling:

If you need space for a pillion might I suggest the Sport or standard TNT's, otherwise keep the ZZR and by the Cafe racer for yourself!:D

I wouldn't want anyone riding with me, i'd rather buy her a 250 ninja or something so she can ride...I want the cafe cause its me, and so is riding, she has no desire to yet, but i think its due to her being pregnant...but other than that I am set to wanting one very badly...I just need to find a way to get one, hopefully I can managed to get a better job...

·
Registered
5 Posts
dont buy it!!!

I just took delivery of a TNT sport, 07.

In the 2 week i have owned the bike, it had never worked properly. Not just little things, it will not start twice in the same trip. if you make a stop, you are stranded. It might, MIGHT, start again if you let it cool down.

i am trying to get my money back. i LOVE this bike, and when it runs, it is great. but no more. just too much trouble for the money you paid.

joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dear Joe,

Buying a Benelli must be a conscientious purchase, if anything. It's like having a stroppy, high maintenance girlfriend who fucks like a racehorse. You've got to sacrifice a few things (or pay a bit more) to be able to enjoy its best features. True, reliability is not its forte but if you get around certain eccentricities, you are likely to have minimal problems. I have two (a '04 TNT and a '06 Cafe Racer) - ok, that may be a bit too much to digest - and have had few problems with either. The battery is a problem, yes but if you take care not to touch the accelerator when starting up and then being quite careful when re-starting with a hot engine, then it shouldn't give you too much trouble.
All this, of course, is coming from someone who has concientiously decided that I like the bike alot - and I have driven quite a few bikes over the past 25 years or so.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
I just took delivery of a TNT sport, 07.

In the 2 week i have owned the bike, it had never worked properly. Not just little things, it will not start twice in the same trip. if you make a stop, you are stranded. It might, MIGHT, start again if you let it cool down.

i am trying to get my money back. i LOVE this bike, and when it runs, it is great. but no more. just too much trouble for the money you paid.

joe
Took my 07 sport (manufactured in 06) out for its first real run on sunday, did 375 miles :doh: started on the button every time I wanted it to, I stopped for fuel 3 times, for food once, to move the bars back about 20mm once, and to lower the gear change lever once, not even a hint of a problem.
One thing to remember these bikes do need a fully charged battery all the time, an optimiser is a must plug it in everytime you put it to bed. :)
Hope you get it sorted before giving up....... there awesome bikes ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
TNT Sport

Thanks vtx and mileclocker for your replies.

I haven't given up yet, I actually ordered this bike last year, this is the 1st time Benelli came to Canada. I don't mind the little things, but if it doesn't start it sorta defeats the purpose, it is a bike afterall not a statute. I have done a lot of reseach before I placed the order, I have heard of these starting problems but they assured me it was fixed since 05. Funny thing is, the Dealer who sold me the bike had just receive a 07 Cafe Racer last week, it is having the same problem, if you stop during your ride you are stranded, at least for 30mins until it cools down, then it might start again.

Since you guys have more experience in the TNT. Do you mind telling me a how to fix this problem? What else can I do to make it more reliable? I have looked around and different people seem to have different answers. The dealer here have already replaced the Starter once. Other than that I nor them really have a clue what else to do.

It comes with an alarm system (it is not installed yet, part of a deal i get from them), and I was planning to have an accessory plug installed for a heated vest, but if the battery is so marginal, how could this work? Is it even the battery? What causes this?

thanks in advance.

joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Joe,
My '04 TNT had a YUASA battery as standard but my '06 Cafe Racer had a less virtuously branded battery when it was delivered. It conked out after a few weeks and was replaced under warranty. The new one is still ok but I figure there is a great difference between that and the Yuasa battery and I plan to change at the first sign of any more squeaks.
I initially bought an Benelli alarm system for my first bike (made by Gemini) but decided agianst installing it and still have it in the box in my garage. I guess I just treat these bikes very differently than any other bike I have had so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts