Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 2017 TNT 600 from dealer 2 weeks ago brand new with 8 miles on odometer. The first day when i took the delivery the bike ran fine but the check engine light randomly came on and disappeared. The next day, the high beam light, left turn indicator light came on. The RPM needle was dancing, the odometer only showed 9,19,29,39,49 mph values. And instead of total mileage "Er-SP" code is flashing. I went to tour for 12 days, came back and fully charged the battery before starting the bike. Now bike wont start. Bike is not under warranty as it is 3 years old. Dealer said he can look at it but why is such a brand new bike has all these problems?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I purchased 2017 TNT 600 from dealer 2 weeks ago brand new with 8 miles on odometer. The first day when i took the delivery the bike ran fine but the check engine light randomly came on and disappeared. The next day, the high beam light, left turn indicator light came on. The RPM needle was dancing, the odometer only showed 9,19,29,39,49 mph values. And instead of total mileage "Er-SP" code is flashing. I went to tour for 12 days, came back and fully charged the battery before starting the bike. Now bike wont start. Bike is not under warranty as it is 3 years old. Dealer said he can look at it but why is such a brand new bike has all these problems?
I would have thought you would have had some back up from dealer as you’ve only just
Bought the bike !

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2017 TNT 300 new in 2020. You should have a warranty. If you don't, complain to them; the warranty is attached to the date of the first purchase. I've had a few issues -- Brake switch/rear cylinder went out, taking the other with it. Got that fixed under warranty.

I think my oil pressure sensor is bad. Like a $10 part shipped, so I have one coming.

Idle is off, and leads to infrequent stalling so probably an IAC issue. Also not terribly expensive.

Realistically, though; new old stock is likely to have some gremlins. The dealer should be giving you support, and this is also why you're supposed to have the warranty from the date of the first owner's first purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts