Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AndrewT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little unsure about the Tre with the generic niggles they have;
but after going on the nurbergring I have fallen in love.
The bike is awsome. Just covered 1000 miles no problems at all,
this was in all weather.The bike is a confidence builder.

Andrew T:clap: :D :D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
1000 miles and no issues - :ele: :ele:

Its glad to see you post that up - its usually only the problems that folk post up (which I can understand - cos we all like to have a whinge from time to time)

I wonder what kind of mileage and how many other people out there have gone without any issues with there Benelli's

I have done 4500 ish and had one gear box problem (which was sorted under warranty and the clocks reset only once - but I did have the lights on and engine switched off for a decent amount of time - so figure that was my fault) :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
10,500 mechanically trouble free miles and counting.

(... paint flake, and dash issues aside, neither of which stop it going forward).

The first time my temperature guage bogously went into the red I was half way up a pass in the alps. I shut off the bike instantly (as you do) and waited for the bike to "cool down" before continuing on to some form of civilization.

That turned out to be a castle with panaramic views over large suathes of Germany. So I spent the next 20 minutes on the phone back to the dealer in the UK with the ass end of the bike in the air (rear wheel perched on a bit of rampart) with a friendly Gendemare pouring water into the radiator from an evian bottle.

50 German BMW riders turned up as part of some tour and completely ignored us, but a bus load of french tourists turned up and we were swamped. :eek:

So even the bad experiences turned into good ones.

Aarron

PS Of course the engine and water level were fine, it was just the usual rubbish spanish clocks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
AndrewT
My 03 Tre has now covered 7500 miles. I've now had 4000 trouble free all weather use miles since February of this year. attended the worlds largest traffic jam, AKA Assen TT with no gearbox or overheating issues.
Off to Chimay in Belgium on Friday for the weekend, followed by 2 or 3 days at the Nurbergring. Then trackdays at Snetterton until the clocks change.
After 20 years of GSXR 750s this bike still ticks all my boxes. Splendid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
PS Did you manage to keep your feet on the pegs? This is about the only niggle I have (comedy temp. gauge and resets aside!) as my feet often slide off them on bouncy roads.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Your out-numbered on this thread Andy !

Its good to hear some good stories

(Pity MCN or one of the bike mags dont do an article and feature this thread !) ;)

Now we just need some more good luck stories (I wonder just how many bikes have had relatively bugger all go wrong except flaky paint, clocks and known warranty mods :confused: )

·
Registered
73 Posts
long ride

Yea good too hear that u had a good long raz over to Germany and blast around THE ring..
:bow: :bow: :bow:

i went out the other week and did a 400 mile trip up too the lakes and then up the Hartside cafe,, bloody great blast and still left them all behind, except when i had to refuel..... That was quite a few times, oh well it was worth it.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Im just getting used to the tnt now, and yes, its looking like a good buy, and by fook it handle's bloody well.. :ele: :ele: :ele:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts