Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The absolutely outstanding chaps at KJM have returned my bike serviced, and now with all the gears working, as well as new mirrors...

So its the ferry tomorrow at 6pm and then a week or so trying to beat my Playstation time around the real Nurburgring..... Camera is charged, video is mounted... death and destruction must surely follow :eek

See you all in a week or so

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good luck with the trip and hope the forum jinks doesn't strike!!

Keep the shiny side up guy

steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one bolero. I've always fancied doing the 'ring' but my arse twitches like a rabbits nose everytime I think about it:lol
I do know that they are very strict on the noise levels of the cans on the bikes these days and I wonder if the Benelli would pass that as it is a loud bugger. You don't want to go all the way there and find that you're too loud for the track. I'm sure you'll be fine though:D
Stay on the black stuff mate and have a ball while you're there and don't forget to post lots of pics when you get back:b
Take some spray paint and write your name on the track for all the world to see while you're at it .... then take piccies:b

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck bolero, i did it last year on the TNT, 1200 mile round trip including five 14 mile laps on the ring MIND THE TWATS IN THERE M3 BM'S AND PORCHES there out for blood when i was there they shut the track for 45 mins to scrape up a gsx rider (and i mean scrape) glad i did it though.........would i do it again?.........NO!
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lucky bugger, hope you have a wicked time up there and def get lots of bike vid's - it'll look brill!!! I wanted to go but havn't fixed the bike yet...still maybe in the next month. As VTXBrit said be a little wary of the cars etc I spoke to some young german fella while out on the Isle of Man and he said that its pretty wild, bumpy sections, quite narrow roads and car drivers who think there out to win a championship!

Speak in a week once your back

Dean100yz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nurbugring

the missus and i were at the ring a month ago.we had to go on our 1050 sprint st as our 1 week old tornado had a faulty front master cylinder and was off the road for 3 weeks.
even 2 up it was great fun,wet and dry.
it was lous first experience round a track and she loved it.she reckons it would have been better for her on the tre because she would seen more.
i have now done the ring twice now both times on triumphs,so hopefully next year we will do it on a benelli!
also next year we have got to fit in the tt centenary.
zebo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: nurbugring

The TT centenary - I will def be there. This year was my first and that was amazing. 100 years it should be like nothing else. I've already planned and am booking in the next few weeks gonna do 2 weeks this time though.

What was the old nurburgring like 2 up? never really thought of doing that but I may get the wife on the back (would have to slow down a fair bit mind >D )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Back safely... lol what a blast... pics and vids to follow...

Just a coupla things broke on the RS too.. not bad for 2000 or so miles in 10 days ish.... nothing serious tho it now feels desperately in need of some TLC..

Kinda disappointed that I didn't get a lap time into the 10's but kin ell its a hard place to learn.... and it was only open for a coupla hours each evening.. booked for manufacturer testing in the daytime... got some sneaky pics of new model cars being thrashed round the ring....

Later all

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vid's and Pics

Good to hear ya had fun steve - ya certainly clocked up some miles. Bet those tyres are a little worn now!!

Get some links to vids and pics I really wanna see what the nurburgring is all about.

Oh what went wrong with the bike??

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The TT centenary .... I've already planned and am booking in the next few weeks
We should defo get a meet together for the TT Deano. If we all plan now then there should be no excuse:b

Al

I know that the accomodation can be tight at that time of the year but I know that there is a homestay option where you get to stay with some of the locals in their own houses. It can be really cheap too:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hey Al. Sounds like a plan. Luckily I made a few good contacts out there so def have rooms when I go out there for '07. There would easily more than enough for atleast another 5-6 people including the 5 other people that Im already going with. Depending on what place we all choose pricing ranges from £20-25 a night but that is B&B.

If your keen and especially if you havn't gone before this will blow you away - you can even show off them wheels (damn you)...

Ere I got a load of snaps from the TT but found a few that made me laugh - 2 weeks of this next year, oh yes I cant wait

img324.imageshack.us/img3...0671cf.jpg

img245.imageshack.us/img2...0686ne.jpg

And yes I did have my fair share of problems. This pic shows the bike half put back together - Im riding it cos I was checkin that it wasnt leaking anymore oil. A close eye with notice but quick shifter I fitted aka elastic bands from the post office lol

img360.imageshack.us/img3...ed23zc.png

And we did a lot of site seeing too lol :b

img327.imageshack.us/img3...0261yb.jpg

Anways Im off - Al that Image Shack is brilliant!

Dean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts