Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow riders of the world,

does anybody know where to find a o2 sensor eliminator for my TNT or how to kill the sensor signal without warnings in the dash?.

My model is a Sport EVO 1130 2008 with euro3 system, that means catalyzer and lambda sensor. I took out the airbox flaps and exaust valve (far beter feeling) fit a DNA filter and just now I have installed a Power Commander.
With the PC the bike runs quite smoth but less than expected. My feeling is that there is much to improve in the low and medium range of revs. I think that the lambda sensor is interfering the correct set up from the PC.
Power commander makes o2 eliminators but not for our Benellis...

Any help will be welcomed!!!.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
TunEdit software can switch the O2 sensor off. but it will cost you the same as you spent on the PCiii

Paul

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TunEdit software can switch the O2 sensor off. but it will cost you the same as you spent on the PCiii

Paul
Thanks Paul. However, still I think that there must be a cheaper and easier way to do that.
The devices for other brands send a base signal emulating the o2 sensor signal and are very, very cheap (about 17 US$). That means they are easy to do... The main problem is that I don´t know anything about electronics...

Regards!.

Carles

·
Registered
346 Posts
You might want to give DynoJet's technical line a call, they might be able to help? My MZ 1000S uses an O2 sensor eliminator for Triumph Triples, and I believe there's only 2-3 wires that go to most of O2 sensors, so you certainly could just wire something in from another bike...get the plug from a crashed donor bike even?;)

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Theres a bit about this in the MCN help section this week

They say it wont make much difference and that is on a motorway at steady speeds

They talk about it being a resistor to send back a signal so maybe you could find the resistance scale and buy one of those

How many lambda sensors are there?

On my VFR800vtec I swapped the 2 sensor connectors round and according to the vfr forum that confused the ecu into disregarding what they sent

What it did to the low down stutter was put it at about 70 instead and a little less abrupt

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LWS66 and Dynamo, thanks for your help. Agree with your considerations. I asked 4 days ago to Power Commander by mail, but nobody answered my message. I will phone them.
The TNT has a flat jack with 4 wires for the lambda sensor connector and only 1 sensor.
If I could know the brand or the caracteristichs of this sensor then would be easier to know if a generic or other brand resistor could work. But it seems impossible to know who makes this sensor for the TNT.

Thanks guys for your colaboration!.

Carles

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Somebody on here will hopefully know the make etc of the sensor

Just they have not seen this thread yet

Fingers crossed

I take it you have been trying to get rid of the low revs stutter

It is possible to move that around the rev band with the existing ecu and the axione meter

Tosh my mech has moved it around for me to try

1. When bought i had a flat spot at high revs only
2. He moved it to the low revs and like you probably have now but it was like a flying machine at high revs
3. now im not sure what he done as he was in hospital when i picked the bike up but its great at low and high revs. Only thing that happens is if i open the throttle from nothing to full i get a big flat spot which lasts a second say and it rides through it, luckily i dont use need to use full throttle too much

As he said to me these bikes are really very basic when it comes to fuel injection, ecu etc. Bikes like the gixxer have 2 systems to smooth out these problems

You guys having trouble with the low revs should talk to your mechs to see what they can do

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite frustrated

@tucandugu

i have the same set-up like you do.

just pull the plug of the sensor, it's that easy :D
Hi Delirio,
did you try this set-up without unpluging the sensor? (like I have now).
I´am quite frustrated because at the beguinning the bike went quite well but after 2 days of use, without doing any other change, it has a worse feeling and less power. It seems like the system is changing itself after some miles going. Do you think this is usual with the o2 sensor working?.
What happens if you plug of it?, only a light in the dash?.
Are you using the basic map of the PC or you changed for another one?.

Thanks in advance for your help!.

Carles

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Somebody on here will hopefully know the make etc of the sensor

Just they have not seen this thread yet

Fingers crossed

I take it you have been trying to get rid of the low revs stutter

It is possible to move that around the rev band with the existing ecu and the axione meter

Tosh my mech has moved it around for me to try

1. When bought i had a flat spot at high revs only
2. He moved it to the low revs and like you probably have now but it was like a flying machine at high revs
3. now im not sure what he done as he was in hospital when i picked the bike up but its great at low and high revs. Only thing that happens is if i open the throttle from nothing to full i get a big flat spot which lasts a second say and it rides through it, luckily i dont use need to use full throttle too much

As he said to me these bikes are really very basic when it comes to fuel injection, ecu etc. Bikes like the gixxer have 2 systems to smooth out these problems

You guys having trouble with the low revs should talk to your mechs to see what they can do
Thanks Dynamo.

I would like mine runs like yours. As I commeted to Delirio this last days after pluguing the PC the bike seems to go progresively worse. Like if something was working to frustrate me...May be is the o2 sensor, but I dont know.
The problem is that here there are few good mechs (or none). Even in the suposed "0fficial" Benelli places they don´t have the Axone...

Regards!

Carles

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tucandugu and delirio1100, curious as to why? and what benefit?

Regards

Tuono
I´am not sure what you mean. What do you refer to?.
Could you please clarify?.

Regards.

Carles

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The End Of A False Myth

Carles

What's the expected net gain for the removal of the O2 sensor

Regards

Tuono
Hi Tuono.
No gain by it self but better response if you have a Power Commander. The O2 sensor affects and changes the PC orders in some rpm ranges. In fact all the maps from PC are indicated without O2 sensor.
After no having success looking for a O2 sensor eliminator for Benelli, just today I have disconnected it -you don´t need to remove it, only disconnect- and, whow, no warning lights in the dash!.
Problem solved guys. I think this is very important to know: Is a myth that if you disconnect the O2 sensor there is a warning light from the Walbro.

Regards!.

Carles

*Thanks Delirio, I have unplugged it!.

·
1,841 Posts
Note, you may damage the sensor if the heater is dissconnected,so best to remove and fit plug if you may want to use again ?
colin

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Note, you may damage the sensor if the heater is dissconnected,so best to remove and fit plug if you may want to use again ?
colin
Thanks Colin!. I don´t think I will use it again, but better keep it healthy ...

Carles

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More frustrated...

Not an issue, but I rather suspect that the ECU has logged an internal fault though.
Thanks Engenia.
I don´t know if the ECU has logged a fault but the reality is that the bike doesn´t runs fine after I put the PC. First I tried with o2 connected and yesterday I disconnect it. The feeling is the same: A the beguinning it seams to run fine but after some miles the feeling is more or less the same:lack of power, lack of smothness at low revs and a flat area near 4000 rpm. and the same poor fueling than before (or worse).
I don´t understant what is wrong. May be the base map of the PC?.
I´am so frustrated that may be I remove the PC .

Any idea guys?

Regards!.

Carles

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I think your problem is with the PC3. You need to get the bike on a dynojet and get them to set up your PC3 again, with the Lamba sensor disconnected.
When you originally put the PC3 on, did you set it up on a dyno or did they ust give you a base map.
If you just got a base map this is more likely the problem.

Paul

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think your problem is with the PC3. You need to get the bike on a dynojet and get them to set up your PC3 again, with the Lamba sensor disconnected.
When you originally put the PC3 on, did you set it up on a dyno or did they ust give you a base map.
If you just got a base map this is more likely the problem.

Paul
Hi Paul,
I connected the PC3 with no set up on a dyno but trusting that the base map could be enough efficient. In fact, the first day it was working fine(?).
Now I think like you (and I hope) that may be the problem is the base map. Just today I have done 300 km and the bike has gone worse progressively, losing the power and with very bad feeling. I´am really worried if this can damage the engine.
Agree with you, the best would be a dynojet set up but there is not any near here.
I will try to download an specific PC3 map for my set up (if I can configurate my Mac in a PC...). Let´s see...

Thanks for your comments and support!.

Carles

1 - 20 of 22 Posts