Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, it could just be the fact that I've not ridden the Tre in the last couple of months but there is a loud ticking noise which increases in speed as the bike increases in speed. I never heard it when I left KJM but jumped on the bike this morning and noticed it before I'd even got to leave the estate that I live in. It almost sounded like there was no oil in the bike so just to make sure I checked. Plenty there. Checked to see if something was caught on the wheels. Nothing there. Checked to see if something was caught on the chain. Nothing there. It doesn't happen when the bike is at a standstill either. It's driving me nuts. Anyone have any suggestions:confused:

Al:bow:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Sounds serious!!!........ I'd take it back to KJM if I was you :rolling:

Al, have you checked that there's nothing caught up in the chain that's maybe hitting something each time it goes around?

If you get the bike up on some paddock stands, it might help to trace where the noise is coming from.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I'm off work today Al, so let me know if you want to bring it over and we could sort out that gear indicator at the same time :)

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Al, quick idea.... try pushing the bike in neutral without the engine running (most benelli owners are good at this) :rolleyes: and see if the noise is there?.... if it is then you know its not the engine/gearbox, I remember once having a chain that had tight spots on it (caused by me using brake cleaner on the chain):eek: that made a clicking noise...if you've got a paddock stand lift up the back wheel and spin it......if there's no noise while doing the above and no noise when the engine is running while the bike is in neutral, then that only leaves,....... dare I say it the clutch :doh:
vtx

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Al, quick idea.... try pushing the bike in neutral without the engine running (most benelli owners are good at this) :rolleyes: and see if the noise is there?.... if it is then you know its not the engine/gearbox
Well Tezza, I've done what you said and just as I thought ..... no noise:( It's quite loud too which is worrying.

Laurie ... I've left you a message on the blower matey so just give me a bell when you get back from the sauna that gives 'special' discounts to those with a few years under their belts:rolling:

Al (Maybe the ticking is actually my brain working:p)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts