Nightmare!

That's terrrible. Bad luck Rob.

I trust you are ok though?

All the best...
Dom

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Bloody hell Rob..........you could have picked the grass out before you took the picture :rolleyes:

Glad your OK though :clap: What happened:confused:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ooooops !

I was following a friend, who incidently has a Kawasaki 650 Versys, and is by no means a fast rider, in fact I am pretty sure we were travelling within the roads speed limit which is a national limit, but we came over a brow of a hill on a camber and there we're three cars stopped just over the hill whilst one was waiting to turn right, my mate panicked and locked all his brakes up and lost the back end which threw him down, I tried to dodge his bike, which was now sliding down the road, and clipped the kerb which hurtled me in the air, threw me off the bike and I was lucky enough to land in some rather tall nettles which softened my landing, although at one stage I was facing the oncoming bike hurtling towards me in mid air, I thought for a moment the bike would land on top of me and can remember thinking "This is gonna hurt" fortunately when i landed the bike landed just behind me, so I got up fairly much unscathed. My mate however, hit the tarmac quite hard and slid down towards the cars in front of him and ended up with a broken collar bone and severly bruised ribs ! I wouldn't mind but I'd just filled up, with Premium fuel :rolling: !

My mates now at how resting after his hospital visit, best of all, another mate came out to rescue me with a bike trailer (I forgot I got RAC recovery, oooops !) and he ended up riding the Versys back to his house as all it had done to the Versys was a few minor things. Even the Police thought my bike was the one ridden by my mate :doh:

Oh well, that is Life :clap:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
1,231 Posts
Ouch

I'm glad youralright mate. at the end of the day they are just machines and replacable...you aren't. Paqss our best to your friend for a speedy recovery as well.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Rob, that sucks mate. Glad you are ok..
I hope you are fully comp.. just replace any aftermarket parts with the std parts before you put the claim in. You know what insurance firms are like on a pay-out
But of course your bike is 100% standard anyway isn't it. ;)

G

·
oooooooo

Dude

A bad day all round. Glad your ok.
Hoping ya matey has a speedy recovery and you get a new nelli soon. pass on my best.
On a lighter side you can think about a replacement if your nelli is a rite off, may be a low milage yellow RS from yours truely.
Its just a thought.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Stop the jokes now lads, it hurts when I laugh :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Look on the bright side Rob.. at least if you chuck a bright yellow Nelli into the long grass it is easier to find!! Must have been a right bugger to find that green one! :rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Yep Rob your getting influenced there by Simon and dont worry Russ has a pre used nice yellow one coming in so you can give it a look with myself who's going to see what its like . BUGGER I'VE GOT IT AS WELL !!!

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Ouch!

Glad to hear your'e ok.:) Sorry about the Nellie.:(
You know it's almost 2009, maybe get the new 600 supersport. In "GOLD"
Someone mentioned the Tornado's are now antique collector items, which translates to put it in your living room as a work of art.

The rate the Nellie's are going down there won't be any collector bikes.

Paul

·
5,929 Posts
That sucks Rob. You got out of it pretty lightly though. Grass is a whole lot softer that timber.
The damage to Nelli doesn't look that bad in the picture. Are you sure it's a write-off?

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Wow, scary story, glad you're okay and your mate's not too badly messed up. Hope you get the best possible settlement from the insurance company....

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That sucks Rob. You got out of it pretty lightly though. Grass is a whole lot softer that timber.
The damage to Nelli doesn't look that bad in the picture. Are you sure it's a write-off?
If you saw the rest of the pictures you'd understand, It's a mess, I'm sure they work on the princible of 60% of the value (which no doubt will be far less than I assume it to be) I'll let you know for definite once the assers been to look at it.

Thanks to you all for the support :bawl:

Rob (Alive & Kicking) :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 63 Posts