Benelli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rollin Just to say a big (if slightly nervous ) HELLO to everyone.
As with probably all of you-who i now consider my new non-Aprilia family-i am hoping to post only happy, positive things (yep; i've got that bowel loosening feeling of dread that something's gonna go tits up with my new Ben).
Just ordered a new Rs in the pearlescant citrus (sounds classier than yellow!) as i thought the red was a bit lacking in the brightness + the AA will find me easier in the rain & gloom that makes up 80% of Scotlands weather.
Should be picking her up next week from KJM and..............in a fit of enthusiasm i may ride her the 300 miles home...........why r u lot all sniggering?
Got the Arrow/Benelli Ti race can being fitted for when i collect (baffle tube out of course )-anyone know where i can get a dark or race black screen?-pref double bubble

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the forums njay rs;) Glad to see that there's a fellow scot buying a Benelli and you'll love the ride up from KJM. It's a piece of cake mate really:b You'll grin all the way:)
There's not much in the way of choice for the db screen that you're after, but you could try here www.benelli.de and then click on zubehor+bekleidung then fahzreugzubehor. You can see that they have a db smoked screen there for about £90 (will work out a wee bit more for delivery I would imagain).
You could also try www.gpstar.net/contactus.html and ask for Joel (he's on these forums too).

Maybe catch you around one day;)

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Al & the links-will certainly give them a look.
see RICONVERT is another Scot-Benelli-i just posted him saying it'd be sound to see a few Bens parked up together at Knockhill BSB this year-up for it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it'd be sound to see a few Bens parked up together at Knockhill BSB this year-up for it?
Sounds good to me matey;) Laurence is another quality bloke on these forums who owns a tre and I'm sure he'd like to tag along to knockhill as well if you ask him:D

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum NJAY RS and to a growing community.

Wait till the bikes get to the US and you'll start to see all kinds of goodies for the Benelli start showing up. We are working hard on a new website and forum.

Enjoy your bike and please please post pics of it as soon as you can. :)

Roland

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gee Roland, shouldn't you qualify that? There are a dozen or more Tre's in the US already (mine, and there's Toby and Bull and a buddy of mine just picked his up this week). They are already homologated here and have the proper EPA certifications. It's just that there was no "official" Benelli US network...

But I do know what you mean - once there is an "official" Benelli network in the US, there will eventually be lots of aftermarket bits available for them.

cheers!
mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Welcome NJAY RS,

It's good to see another Scottish Benelli owner in the forum.

If we keep on going at this rate, I'll be asking Roland to include a section just for us on the new web site he's working on!!! :rollin

Ask KJM about the double bubble screen when you pick up your bike as I saw they had one hanging up on the wall when I was down a few days ago (not sure if it was a smoked one though)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Hi

Ask KJM about the double bubble screen when you pick up your bike as I saw they had one hanging up on the wall when I was down a few days ago (not sure if it was a smoked one though)
Yeah it was a smoked one Laurence, but I thought I seen a price tag of around £125 for that whick made me go eek:lol

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

If we keep on going at this rate, I'll be asking Roland to include a section just for us on the new web site he's working on!!!
Not a problem laurence! Consider it done. :)

ee Roland, shouldn't you qualify that? There are a dozen or more Tre's in the US already (mine, and there's Toby and Bull and a buddy of mine just picked his up this week).
hehe..silly me! I need some arm twisting about getting a Tre. :) I'm not sure if I can wait for the 1130's. Come on .. twist my arm you US Tornado owners! :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks to everyone that posted me-its surprising just how many of us must be out there.
Having scoured the different sections i'm feeling quite optimistic as faults seem to fall into 3main categories:
1/ Paint & trim (more annoying than life threatening)
2/ Electrical glitches (mmmm dead battery in middle of nowhere.....better stay on the g/friends good side as she's got the towbar)
3/Major one off failures (the worrying section but i reckon Big Al has graciously agreed to take on the Scotland 2006 quota single handed)

Being a nocturnal creature i may well dedicate some hours in the coming months to search for anything Benelli-if its good i'll certainly put it on the board-if i cant find anything then its on to plan 32b:see how many ladies will agree to be photo'd with mi new RS (and NO i'm not going to pay anyone under 80!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

3/Major one off failures (the worrying section but i reckon Big Al has graciously agreed to take on the Scotland 2006 quota single handed)
Glad I can contribute so much to the disasters category:lol
Once I'm up and running again (whenever the hell that is) I plan to have all the bolts on the bike pop out one by one, so as I'm driving along the thing falls to pieces in a clown's car comedy effect leavng me sitting on the road with just the seat under my arse and still holding on to the handlebars:b

1 - 11 of 11 Posts