Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in the "Periodical Checks and Adjustments" chapter of the Workshop Manual, that the oil circulating tubes should be changed every 16,000kms, or at least every 3 years.

Has anybody actually done this?

Can anyone suggest a reason why they should be replaced?

·
3,085 Posts
Shitty rubber

Hell a braided SS line with nifty Coloured fittings will probably cost less :)
Hey Errol i got contacted out of the blue from a bloke in Melb whose bought a Cafe Racer, I bounced him the links to this forum and your page, you may hear from him, buggered how he found me though :confused:

·
1,231 Posts
ads

It could have been the advertisements you placed in the "Man looking for another man" section of your local paper. Or, hell, he could be a stalker. Better change your gearing to 15/43 or so for some fast getaways!!!!!!

·
903 Posts
:p

I heard some things about you Aussie's when the sun gets hot!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Not sure why you would want to change the oil lines, as long as the oil & filter is changed reguarly there is no reason to change

·
1,841 Posts
Oil lines

I suppose they could deteriorate from heat,oil additives,etc but dont worry I am sure ENGENIA just cant wait to remove and check them !!:bow: ;)

·
224 Posts
I would think that after a 100 000 miles or so if/when you are doing a rebuild to freshen up the engine; you might want to check and/or clean the oil lines.

The only other time would be either to repair damage to the tubes and/or if something in your engine breaks you may want to clean out the big chunks of crap to regain good clean oil circulation.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts