Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small oil leak on my machine, i haven't really had the chance to find out exactly where it's coming from, but it looks like somewhere near where the clutch cable meets the spring linkage on the left side of the bike. Is it that the oil is coming from somewhere that you tnt owners already know about and have experienced already, or is it just my bike that leaks oil!!!:confused:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
I havent heard of a leak that side, normally right side front next to sensor.
silly question have checked that the oil level is not to high?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine has the same leak at the same spot.(Clutch cover at sensor).
Sealant applied to original gasket -no change.
New gasket - no change.
Does anyone have the fix?
Cheers
Mike.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I'm not the only one..

I thought I was the only one with a leak on the right side in or around the senor.
Not much of a leak more like a slow weaping. On a 100k ride there might be a couple of small drops on the toe of my right boot. No noticeable decrease in the oil level.

Oil seal replace but no change.

Anyone have any ideas.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The oil level is spot on. It is only a drip or two, but still annoying, i know what i'll be doing tomorrow night when i get in from work.......how exciting:rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pissed off #@#$%$^

Mine has a leak also at the clutch cover at sensor (coming from the horizontal crankcase split) and another one at the rear horizontal crankcase split (behind the expansion water tank)

- Sensor o-ring (replaced once)...nothing!
- Clutch cover gasket (replaced 3 times)...nothing!
- Horizontal crankcase split opened once nothing!!!!:beat:

When horizontal crankcase was fixed they replaced also the balancing counter-shaft ball-bearing.
This job was done under warranty but I'm back to zero because the leak from the clutch cover-horizontal crankcase split is worse.The leakfrom the rear horizontal crankcase split it's less but still leaking.

The bike is an '04, I'm having these problems for more that two years now and I'm very pissed off with this situation (reserving my legal rights)
Although I spoke with Mr. Lago (QJ Tech Inspector) and I'm still waiting for an answer for how the local dealer and Benelli will deal with the problem.

May the force be with them so they can solve the F.... problem (replace upper and lower engine's housing?!):spank:

Best regards to all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts