1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SEMI SYNTHETIC
OR
FULLY SYNTHETIC

Y IS IT THAT IV BEEN SEMI AND NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN ITS GOT TO BE FULLY MAN MADE OIL 10W50:confused: :confused: :confused:

KJM SAYS FULLY

MY BIKE GURU SAYS SEMI

WILL MY CLUTCH SLIP ALL THE WAY BACK TO CHINA??????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

WELL I HAVENT GOT A CLUE, HELP

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Use semi and change it often...I ran mine in on 20w-50 high mileage cheapo chip fat stuff which I changed after every 100 miles up until the first service. This gives the engine a fighting chance to bed in. Goes like a bomb, can get neutral and no problems. .... now use semi 10w-40 Putoline which I change every 2000 miles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use semi and change it often...I ran mine in on 20w-50 high mileage cheapo chip fat stuff which I changed after every 100 miles up until the first service. This gives the engine a fighting chance to bed in. Goes like a bomb, can get neutral and no problems. .... now use semi 10w-40 Putoline which I change every 2000 miles.
dude well done thats what the spanner man says and since that i have a new clutch in it should have a fighting chance of bedding in, at least i can get on with it now, my mind is at rest........:D

·
Registered
513 Posts
The fully synthetic oil clutch slip is a myth as long as its a motorcycle oil and not car oil (the friction modifiers should not effect the clutch material) it should be fine with wet clutches, I use Putoline VTwin oil slightly thicker 20 50 its personal preference and due to my bikes engine history.Its frequency of oil changes that's important,imho

Mark

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WELL IV HAD IT SERVICED NOW, IV USED SEMI-SYNTH BUT I WILL CHANGE IT IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS AND HAVE A LOOK AT IT..... WHAT I HAVE NOTICED IS THAT THE OIL FILTER HAS GOT BIGGER, THE OLD 1 WAS ABOUT THE SAME AS A FIREBLADE FILTER BUT THE NEW FILTER IS BIGGER AND IS ABOUT THE SAME AS A SUZUKI FILTER, BUT SAME LENGTH..................
AFTER THE mcn PISS-UP AT SKEGGY I MITE SELL THE TNT AND GET A SPORTS TOURER AS WE ARE GOING TO DO A BIT OF A TOUR AROUND EUROPE......................

·
349 Posts
Fat n Fast,get a Triumph Sprint ST.Thats what we use for all the long distance stuff and through the winter and it fits in well with the Benellis.3 cyl. lots of torque but lovely and smooth etc. etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts