Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had some bad news from the medics yesterday :bawl:
About 25 years ago I broke my left collarbone in a car accident ( i was the passenger in a pale blue Hillman Imp ). That young man RUSS will need to look for pics of these old beasts as he is SOOOOOOOO YOUNG!!!
Took the option then of not having it pinned to my sternam instead took the option of suffering later in life :doh:
Well here I am later in life and for the last few years it has been playing up, popping out from it`s mounting and causing numbness down my arm and up my neck:bawl: :bawl:
Off I went to have an MRI scan, what a piece of kit that is!!, and wait for the results......2 weeks later the Medic looks at the pics, ooooowwws and aarrrhhhs oh dear and look at the state of that!!! were his words if I remember rightly. Looks like I`m going to fix that for you then. (thank god he wasn`t a builder cos it would have cost me a fortune after all that teeth sucking etc etc!!)
You`ll need to be off work for about 6 weeks, NO driving, No exercise and worst of all NO F__CK_NG bike riding :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
He is going to disslocate my shoulder and repair the cartilidge damage to the humerous bone while he is at it!!!!
At least he did say that it will be almost like new when he has finished cutting me about!!
Just waiting now for the appointment and I`m hoping that it is towards the end of the summer so I can get as much riding in as poss before my forced lay up.
OK MOAN OVER.
Dave

·
349 Posts
Sorry to hear about the operation coming up Dave.it will be worth it if you dont have to suffer anymore with aches and pains.Are you going for the Brands Track Day on the 29th May?.Will the shoulder be up for it?.:) Zebo.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh, I misread that as no F**King OR bike riding....that would be really bad :)
I wrote off a Triumph ST 2 years ago, did my Scaphoid (wrist) and my Fibula (leg) , no biking , cycling, golf, nada for 3 months :-(
Sadly it was in June so all summer in plaster, itchy and smelly !!
Get it done in the autumn, you won't regret it, good luck.
I now have to ride bikes where there is little or no weight on the wrists, so sports bikes are out.

·
5,929 Posts
...At least he did say that it will be almost like new when he has finished cutting me about!!
You're going to be a bit lopsided if it ends up 'like new' :rolling:

Do it in the autumn mate. You guys get precious little time on your bikes as it is.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
i was the passenger in a pale blue Hillman Imp
My OLD next door neighbour had one of those many, many moons ago.. :rolling:

Hope ya op goes OK and is delayed till the Autumn. ;)

·
5,929 Posts
I had a Hillman Minx many many moons ago. It was the only vehicle I've ever made a profit on. Bought for $40, sold for $50. 25% return on investment. Not so shabby.
Used more oil than petrol though, and a torch (flashlight) held out the window was brighter than the headlights, but what a car!

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Sorry you've got to go under the knife, Dave, but 6 weeks will fly by. Just keep looking forward to having a "like new" shoulder! :clap: I was unable to ride for 10 f**king months after my broken leg (plus 2 more 3-week stretches after the last 2 surgeries). Talk about torture.... :bawl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts