Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought, but when I take delivery of my Tornado TRE 900 in a week or so, will the tyres be ok? Since the Tornado TRE 900s production run ended in 2004 (I think) that means the tyres could be three (or more) years old. :(

What is the shelve-life of Dunlops? :confused:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've noticed that my bike has a 190 / 50 / 17 tyre fitted and not the 190 / 55 / 17 that I was expecting? :confused:

I wonder if the tyres were replaced along with clocks etc., before being sent to my local dealer. I believe tyres have some code/mark on the tyre that tells you when the tyre was made, anyone know what to look for on Dunlops.

·
340 Posts
I've noticed that my bike has a 190 / 50 / 17 tyre fitted and not the 190 / 55 / 17 that I was expecting? :confused:

I wonder if the tyres were replaced along with clocks etc., before being sent to my local dealer. I believe tyres have some code/mark on the tyre that tells you when the tyre was made, anyone know what to look for on Dunlops.
190/50R17 is correct for Standard Tre and RS. LE's have 180/55R17.

Manufacture year is written on the side wall normally.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
190/50R17 is correct for Standard Tre and RS. LE's have 180/55R17.

Manufacture year is written on the side wall normally.
Both the Owner's Manual and the Workshop Manual state :- :confused:

Rear
Type Tubeless
Dimensions 190/55 - ZR 17 (73 W)
Inflating pressure 220 kPa 2,2 bar (31.9 psi)

The only date looking mark on the tyres I can find syggests 2003 as manufacture date...:(

Anywho.... The 190/50 lets me little legs get nearer the ground. :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
5,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a few (of us) who disagree with it!
Check out Motoman's Breakin Secrets. I'm now waiting for my first re-build, so I can do it properly!
Compelling reading and very interesting, but I'm affraid a little late for me as bike now has 550 miles on it. Booked into dealer for early next week for 1st service (fingers crossed).. :cool:

If you're interested, I've put my corrected/annotated copy of the workshop manual HERE for download. It's 54MB though, and it's a work in progress.
Downloading as I type... Thanks... Keep up the good work, your site is brill... :bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts