Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from my parachute jump threads I've kinda got hooked on the paragliding thingie:)
So I've taken the bull by the horns and I've booked myself a paragliding course, not just one trial lesson, not just two, but the whole shebang:rolling: Kinda like the direct access course for paragliding:D
So for £900 I'll soon be sh*ting my pants and floating about the sky in a bedsheet with strings on a wee camping seat:rolling:

Watch this space ......:D

Al;)

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Have fun and just incase wear a nappy:rolling:

·
Registered
27 Posts
paragliding

i have had my paragliding licence for a few years ,the first time you will be crapping yourself ,but when you are in the air its fantastic,it is so quiet compared to a noisy benelli ,good luck,where are you flying.tony

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey congrats on booking the course...

Missed your other thread asking for info... but you have booked up anyhow!
Wish I had the time... I signed up for a four day course long time ago (in the peak district)... due to weather/work and other things I never finished it :( did some off days on the South Downs too.. but was always starting at a new school and never got enough days close together with same school to get the elementary pilot which means you can go off on your own.

The weather can be a right ***** in this country for learning to fly. Being a beginner the wind has to be just right.... you might not get all your four days in a row.. (in fact prob not).. need to be prepared to drop everything when weather is right.

If I was single and doing it now, I would be tempted to go to Chamonix or somewhere like that for a week and sign up for a course there. The pic in the other thread was a tandem flight year before last off the top of Grant Montets (3300m) down to Chamonix (other half pregnant at the time and was none too happy that I was launching myself off the top of a mountain :D )

Recommend this book:
Touching Cloudbase: A Complete Guide to Paragliding (Paperback) by Ian Currer

Have a great time (you lucky person!).
Dino

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Recommend this book:
Touching Cloudbase: A Complete Guide to Paragliding (Paperback) by Ian Currer

Have a great time (you lucky person!).
Dino
Are you sure the book isn't titled 'Touching Cloth' Dino:confused::rolling::rolling:

Weather permitting I'll be doing my first days this Saturday and Sunday about 50 mins drive from Edinburgh at a place called Tinto Hill in lanarkshire;)

I can't wait to get cracking:D

Al:bow:

Tony, expect to get bombarded with questions soon matey!!!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Go go Biggles!! :clap: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Al, what a superb thing to do, Am I right in suspecting it's just a better way to spy totty from above and check out cleavages......get some photos!:D
fraser

·
Registered
27 Posts
is it cloudbusters you are flying with,thats who i learned with many years ago,the reason i gave up was because of the weather ,and guess what i bought a motorbike instead and the weather is still shite.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup that's who it's with Tony;) I get all of my paperwork and stuff tomorrow so I'll get a good read of it when it comes through the post. How did you find them mate? Are they okay?

Al:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Body armour and gum shield :rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't stop watching that clip:rolling: Poor sod never even got a chance to put his arms out on front of him and proper skidded along the dirt too. Nearly kicked himself in the back of the head into the bargain:rolling:

Al:rolling:

·
1,231 Posts
Iameg --- delete!

I got this nasty image of Al in a silver/green paraglider sailing over the Scottish highland landscapes, soaring with the birds, reaching out and touching the hand of God himself, wearing nothing but a G-string thong in matching green color!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCH!!!!!!!!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did Michelangelo not paint that image on a chapel roof somewhere JR:confused::rolling:

Al:bow:

·
Registered
27 Posts
its an excellent experience,if the wind is ok,you will hardly have any time to sit on your seat properly and then you are on the ground,i had a few near misses ,but what a thrill,if you buy a canopy and fly yourself you can do alot more,its a long walk back up the hill,peter is a good instructor.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got told that if I was gonna stick at it then I should buy my canopy after I've gained my elementery pilots licence so that they can teach me on my own canopy for the club pilots licence after that.

I just like the idea of saying that I've got a pilots licence, should hopefully get the women in by the bucket load:rolling:

Al:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts