Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gents - just thought I'd share the news I finally made an honest woman of her... despite the fact she rides an R6 ... got hitched last Saturday.

Both been over the course before so just a small ceremony with immediate family who had no idea we were getting married.

Honeymoon spent camping on the west coast of Scotland sharing the tent with our two dogs...who said romance was dead????:rolling:

Anyone considering their next tour on the Nelli should really think about Glencoe/Skye/ pretty much everywhere up that way if you've never been...without doubt the most stunning scenery in Britain, roads to die for and plenty touring bikers to share a beer with. Obviously we were in the car with two mutts but couldn't help feeling very jealous of every biker we saw.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Awrra-best to you and yours Ian .....now I know who the other cap is for :rolling:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Congratulations, good luck to the both of you. :)

·
349 Posts
Congrats to you both.My Lou Lou and i are tying the knot this Friday.:clap: I had to book a beach honeymoon.We are both sun worshippers and in 5 years we have never had a total relax.Usually tearing around on the bikes!.Looking forward to totally chilling out!.And i have only booked a hire car at the moment.:) Zebo.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doubt you're on the forum and have more important things to attend to Zebo but best of luck for today!!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey Gents - just thought I'd share the news I finally made an honest woman of her... despite the fact she rides an R6 ... got hitched last Saturday.

Both been over the course before so just a small ceremony with immediate family who had no idea we were getting married.

Honeymoon spent camping on the west coast of Scotland sharing the tent with our two dogs...who said romance was dead????:rolling:

Anyone considering their next tour on the Nelli should really think about Glencoe/Skye/ pretty much everywhere up that way if you've never been...without doubt the most stunning scenery in Britain, roads to die for and plenty touring bikers to share a beer with. Obviously we were in the car with two mutts but couldn't help feeling very jealous of every biker we saw.
Many congratulations on the wedding and making an honest woman of her! and great venue for the honeymoon. Could not agree with you more regarding the scenery. I'm over in Skye / Mull area as much as possible. Here is a wee photo from a couple months back (Sorry folks was on my R1) but I was there with a Benelli 750sei! :) .. who says it always rains in scotland!! :p

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Congratulations!
Anyone considering their next tour on the Nelli should really think about Glencoe/Skye/ pretty much everywhere up that way if you've never been...without doubt the most stunning scenery in Britain, roads to die for and plenty touring bikers to share a beer with.
Last May I took my Nelli up to Shiel Bridge. Visited Loch Carron, Applecross area. Returned via Kyle of Lochalsh and Skye, trip on the ferry then Fort William and Glencoe. Absolutely brilliant! Got 3 different days; a dull but dry one, one with heavy rain, then a glorious sunshine day :ele:

Attached are some photos :D
left to right: Benelli at Eileen Donon Castle, Kintail Lodge Hotel at Shiel Bridge, Loch Duich, Benelli at Rannoch Moor

I agree totally, beautiful scenary and great roads.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Bloody great pics there Bob but could you not have told that old git to stand out of the way in the first one ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice pictures Bob. May must be the time to go as your bike appears strangely fly free after such a long journey!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Nice pictures Bob. May must be the time to go as your bike appears strangely fly free after such a long journey!
It was the weekend of the early May Bank Holiday.
Absence of flies, that may well be true. I have to admit to washing it after the ride up :D but also due to the horrendouse rain of the previous afternoon/evening for the ride out to Applecross LOL

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
not always blue skies

The above photos were taken on the Monday ride home.
Here's a photo from the Sunday ride-out. You can see the early morning sunshine is giving way to very Highland-esque clouds all ready to dump on us for the rest of the day :rolling:

here's another from above Loch Carron on the start of the pass to Applecross (app the highest paved road in the UK).

The Highland weather may be unpredictable, but the scenary is always stunning :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts